Common Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm, that's not a bad wiki topic (OK I am biased - so sue me!). I don't have time this eve to gather a lot of stuff, but the digital sub bands in the amateur service, the SCOPE ALE frequencies (which we, I think, already have in the wiki), link to the FAX schedules document on the NOAA website, the RTTY bulletins that I think the ARRL still sends - all of those should be a good start. I would also include the SITOR-B transmissions from the various USCG stations (there aren't many any more, but they are still around...)

The Utility Monitoring website hosted by MT author Mike Chace-Ortiz (and also linked in our Utility Monitoring wiki) is a fairly comprehensive place to find digital decoding software (and hardware) links. That too should be a link in this article somewhere. Don't forget Marius Rensen's popular HF FAX website (for additional FAX and SSTV links). And I would include the various sites that have audio samples as well.

I don't subscribe to the HFDL Yahoo group, but I'm sure the table of frequencies we have in the wiki is a bit dated by now and can stand some updating. As they change only occasionally, I suppose those too can be called 'common frequencies'. I think some of these links already exist in the Utility Monitoring wiki - once an article is built to house all that, those links can be moved from there to the new article, and a new article link placed in the Utility Monitoring wiki to point to it.

Whew! That should be more than enough to get started 73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.