What type of data is this? 6724 khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
This is on GHFS channel 4 (6724 khz usb) and it has been going almost non stop for days. I am hearing right now as I type this.

Can anyone tell me what protocol it is and can it be decoded?

Attachments

• 6724.zip
    158.6 KB · Views: 112

scansomd

You are hearing Radio Teletype (RTTY). From a quick listen, it sounds like 75 Baud (100 WPM). It's probably encrypted. If it is, you cannot decode it. If it isn't, there are a good number of programs that are capable (HAM Radio Deluxe (HRD) comes to mind)).

Please, no new encryption threads. Kittens will die if we continue the useless encryption threads!

This is on GHFS channel 4 (6724 khz usb) and it has been going almost non stop for days. I am hearing right now as I type this.

Can anyone tell me what protocol it is and can it be decoded?

mancow

Database Admin
Hmm, tried a couple of programs and I tried RTTY but there were so many baud rates etc... that even if it was clear it was damn near like encryption just trying to hit the right combo.

How do you know what shift, bits and stop whatever (1, 1.5 or 2) ?

I have another at 2.520 right now I'm listening to. I am using Digtial Master under the HRD program menu.

Last edited:

scansomd

75 BAUD, 1.5 stop bits 850 HZ Shift is typical on military frequencies.
Also try toggling the reverse option.

Hmm, tried a couple of programs and I tried RTTY but there were so many baud rates etc... that even if it was clear it was damn near like encryption just trying to hit the right combo.

How do you know what shift, bits and stop whatever (1, 1.5 or 2) ?

I have another at 2.520 right now I'm listening to. I am using Digtial Master under the HRD program menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.