M-400 decoder manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

I need a manual for a Universal M-400 decoder I got in a horse trade. Will pay up front for copying or if you know where I can find a PDF online, I would appreciate that. Pending any replys, Larry

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I have the unit and manual BUT I don't know where the manual is. I know its somewhere in the house.

I did find the manual for the M-450 which replaced the M-400. I know it added a serial PC connection and removed POGSAG and SuperPOGSAG and another one for pagers.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/decoders/m450om15.pdf

I basically used it for DCS, PL, and pager decoding. If you use it for DCS or PL decoding, you'll need to tap the discriminator of a scanner for those and use the line level input for the pager decoding. I also know this thing does a lot more then I have ever used it for.

I'll look for the manual and scan it in if I find it.

EDIT: I cannot find the manual. I have limited knowledge of anything other than what I listed above, but will help if I can.

Last edited:

LarrySC

Thanks Mike. I know about the changes. This PDF will OK for what I need. I've got one that trips out after you power it up. Could be Pwr Sply problem. Would like to get it fixed and use it on my FRG-8800 IF the sun spots ever come back. Best Regards, Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.