STANAG4 4285 freeware and MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Those of you that subscribe to MT and got the June issue saw an article on stations that, although heavily encrypted, are being watched by the well known ENIGMA 2000 numbers monitoring group. In that article, Hugh Stegman mentioned a freeware package (Sigmira) that evidently can copy STANAG 4285, which is a mode known to be used by NATO forces. To the best of my knowledge, the only packages that can copy this mode are the ones made by Wavecom and (I think) Skysweeper.

Anyway I went to the website listed in the article (the software is designed to be used with SDR radios, but from the description and article, works with other receivers too) which is supposed to decode this mode, only to find the URL is incorrect as listed (at least under Firefox). Remove the 'index.html' from the lowest node, and it works. Here's the corrected one...

Sigmira

We've long known there are many 'uncopyable' RTTY-like (or multitone) signals out there - this just adds a little piece to the puzzle, thanks to this article. 73 Mike

RTrue

Sigmira problems

I downloaded Sigmira the other day and have yet to get it operating.
No where could I find minimum computer requirements. I'm running a 3.2 G P4 with 512 memory with XP.
Upon execution of the program, it constantly freezes and only half of the information on the screen is displayed. I finally got it to work halfway by running in win 95 compatible mode.
I tried a myriad of soundcard recording levels and software settings, and after four hours, I never was able to get a sync-up. The program is a CPU hog also. It continually runs at 85 to 99%.

Anyone have any ideas?

Randy
W4RTT

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Works great here.useing old 800 mhz with win xp decodeing psk31 right now.have to play with this software more.looks good.

Bill_White

I haven't tried this software yet.
Looking at it makes me want to pick up an RFspace SDR-IQ.
If it did a few more modes and had a logbook/utility database
I'd be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.