HF Acars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have just ordered a WinRadio Excalibur, but unfortunately it only goes as high as 50 MHz.
No vhf/uhf capability.

I've enjoyed in the past (at least trying to) monitor the vhf acars.

With the Excalibur, I guess I will be forced to try and pick up only HF acars, which I understand is still quite a bit around.

Have always had trouble in using digital decoding programs like acarsd, etc.
My ineptitude, rather than the programs, I'm sure.

Anyway, might anyone please suggest what might be the "easiest" and most idiot-proof (hopefully free or inexpensive) to use for HF acars ? (and possibly on some of the other modes)

BTW: Anyone using any kind of downconverters, etc. to pick up vhf/uhf on HF only receivers ?

Thanks,
Bob

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Have just ordered a WinRadio Excalibur, but unfortunately it only goes as high as 50 MHz.
No vhf/uhf capability.

I've enjoyed in the past (at least trying to) monitor the vhf acars.

With the Excalibur, I guess I will be forced to try and pick up only HF acars, which I understand is still quite a bit around.

Have always had trouble in using digital decoding programs like acarsd, etc.
My ineptitude, rather than the programs, I'm sure.

Anyway, might anyone please suggest what might be the "easiest" and most idiot-proof (hopefully free or inexpensive) to use for HF acars ? (and possibly on some of the other modes)

BTW: Anyone using any kind of downconverters, etc. to pick up vhf/uhf on HF only receivers ?

Thanks,
Bob

Try this link and download the program, I just downloaded the program yesterday and tuned into 8.912 MHz , and it worked like a charm decoding, look in the help file for frequencies you can try.
I am sorry but my last website got deleted
Steve

BOBRR

From OP:

Hi,

Much thanks for suggestion.

Will look forward to trying it, once my Excalibur arrives.

Regards,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.