Acer one notebook/digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cqcqcq

I picked up a new acer one notebook with windows 7, and have downloaded a few free digital programs, I cant get the notebook to decode the digital signals from any program, it sure isn't like windows xp.
Anyone have one and what are the settings or suggestions,

I use windows xp on the other computers I own with no trouble.

DOCTOR/795

N0IU

I picked up a new acer one notebook with windows 7, and have downloaded a few free digital programs, I cant get the notebook to decode the digital signals from any program, it sure isn't like windows xp.
Anyone have one and what are the settings or suggestions,

I use windows xp on the other computers I own with no trouble.

DOCTOR/795
Help us help you....

What programs specifically did you download?

What model/brand of soundcard interface are you using?

What brand/model of radio are you using?

C

cqcqcq

Acer one

I am using
ALINCO DX70T
Donner Interface
Program download
MIX W
and tried fldigi with no luck

Of course can download any free program.

As mentioned just running a line from the spkr to the notebook it wont decode the digital..

DOCTOR/795

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you check to see if the soundcard inputs are muted? That's not uncommon on new notebooks.

Another thing to check if the sound is coming through the speakers is does it sound distorted or overdriven? Some notebooks will need an attenuating patchcord (The Shack sells 'em, I'm sure others do too) to keep the levels down if you can't reduce it enough. A good test would be to play your local NOAA station and see if it sounds clear.

Another item is whether the program(s) you're using are even rated to work in Win7. In particular, Win7 64 bit seems to give a lot of folks headaches.

best regards...Mike

k8krh

Acer one

Checked for mute seems to be not on.
I have fldigi and mixw downloaded at the present.
Attenuator...might try that.

I have the I believe 36 bit not the 64

The thing about it is it worked 100 percent on cq100, and hamsphere, and such as fldigi, it in conjunction with cq100 works on cw, rtty etc...

DOCTOR/795

C

cqcqcq

XENO 194
Helped me with the Acer One...FAST, EFFICIENT, AND VERY GREATFUL FOR HIS HELP...NUMBER ONE

Tnx again xeno 194

DOCTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.