5075 kHz Beacon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

Is there a beacon on 5075 kHz or is it a image from something else? I think it may be on SSB, I can tell you there is a 1 sec space between data bursts? Sorry I don't have a recording of it.

Token

Is there a beacon on 5075 kHz or is it a image from something else? I think it may be on SSB, I can tell you there is a 1 sec space between data bursts? Sorry I don't have a recording of it.

Actually going to need a bit more data than that or a recording to identify the source. Location, radio, mode of reception on your radio, does the signal ever change, etc.

Most likely, what you are hearing is the Globe Wireless GW-tor that is on a center frequency of 5077.5 kHz. If you are using a filter wider than 2.5 kHz you would hear it when tuned to 5075 kHz and if you are using AM mode you might not be able to tell the ture center frequency. The GW signal when idling has about the sound you are describing (actually the pause is slightly less than one second, more like 800 msec or so), but will change as it starts handling data.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.