Evidently a new HFDL dat file is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just got word that there is a new version 50 .dat file available for the registered version of PC-HFDL. It's available in the HFDL yahoo group, and is also available in the files area of the UDXF groups.io page. This file allows the app to check the frequency being reported against the site ID, so you know which site is being reported with a/c that's using it

It's been a few years since version 49 was issued, so it will be interesting to see what changes have been applied.

I expect it to appear in other places shortly

Mike

k2hz

Database Admin
I have not been monitoring HFDL for a while and noticed version 50 in use at Riverhead so I updated my .dat file.

Today, I was monitoring Albrook and found they are version 49. I switched back and forth and confirmed Albrook DB=49 and Riverhead DB=50.

Is this something new that the frequency table in use is not the same for all ground stations?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, from the reports I've seen, not all ground stations seem to always have the most up to date system table. Mike

D

DaveNF2G

It seems that only the US-based stations are using Table 50.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's been some messages on the UDXF that the HFDL yahoo group has noted that sometimes the Euro and US stations seem to be using different table versions. Why is not known.

It seems that the two are very similar, otherwise you would expect this to cause some issues.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.