13.868 Secured Rtty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are numerous logs in the UDXF that suggest this might be the Russian Navy (maybe FSK 200/1000, but you never know - they like to throw in some CW too, just for good measure). This group allows you to search their logs with a simple search feature, which is not always up to par, but probably as close as you can get. It can be found at the groups.io website

If it is the Russian Navy and running one of their famous FSK variants, there is software called Rivet that might decode it - however the content is largely unknown; you may be able to read callsigns and trace network details, but you likely won't understand the message. A lot of that is encrypted, and there are several UDXF folks that are actively working to understand these networks. The link for the software can be found on the page found on my sig line.

Mike

Last edited:

Quasar

Thank you for pointing me to this group! The signal is there consistantly, I'd like to know where it is so I can judge how propagation is behaving.

Token

This is 850 Hz shift FSK, 50 bd, and it does appear to be encrypted. The center frequency is 13870 kHz.

US / NATO, Russia, and France all use different types of 850 Hz shift encrypted FSK. Further, at one time or another all three systems have been reported on this frequency, whether in error or not I do not know. At a guess it is Russian, but it could be US also. The direction from my location would suggest US or European Russia, not Far East / Asiatic Russia. US/NATO STANAG 4481 FSK normally does 75 bd with the same shift, but I have been seeing a lot of 50 bd stuff on known US freqs.

T!

Status
Not open for further replies.