STANAG modes / type

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok

Are there any STANAG stations that are not encrypted , so I can see that my MLUTIPSK is working in this mode ?
What frequencies and times ( PT for me ) would these un-encrypted stations transmit ?
The MULTIPSK looks only at 4285 , is that correct ? Will it also decode other types of STANAG like 4586 , 4406 ,etc.
If so does it do it in the 4285 setting ?

I read too that even some encrypted stations ID , un-encrypted ... if so is there a list of such stations showing frequencies & times that they would be on ?

Do they ID randomly or at specific times ,when should I look for ID ?

Al

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
MultIPSK can only handle unencrypted STANAG 4285; none of the other STANAG modes are supported.

Stations using STANAG (often used by NATO and US military, among others) are frequently encrypted; you have to be fortunate to catch a station running a test tape, which is usually in the clear.

The UDXF reflector at groups.io and the listings found in the Spectrum Monitor magazine are the places to find reports of frequencies; while there are some lists (some of which can be found in the SigID Wiki, for example) floating around, the stations move around constantly. I wouldn't place much credence in such lists. And I wouldn't necessarily think they would have a 'schedule', either.

These 2 facts are an attraction to some; the thrill of the hunt...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just by way of explanation, STANAG is an acronym for 'STANdardized AGreement', and there are actually several variants used by NATO, the US Military and others. We have links to 3 such variants in our digital FAQ, and Antonio's blog - which is quite technical - has a good deal more on the subject...

HF Modes Currently Active - The RadioReference Wiki

diario SWL I5-56578 Antonio

and Wavecom's online help module has some info as well...

http://www.wavecom.ch/content/ext/DecoderOnlineHelp/default.htm

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.