Lexington,ky 98.1 fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Last Sunday 7/12/16 around 12:00PM EST heard a country radio station on 98.1 FM. Was on the northwest side of Indianapolis near 86Th and Township line road. Was using my wife's car radio which is a am/fm delco cd player in a 2007 Pontiac Torrent. Was using the antenna that was factory installed in the back window. Station was very strong for about 20 Mins and then faded out. Just goes to show you can use a regular am/fm car radio to do fm dxing.when the fm band is open.

SCPD

QRT
Pretty good I had Froggy 100 ,totally wipe out WHTZ 100.3 in New York City for about 20 miles for an entire day once,that was a weird tropo!Delco radio as well.Stock radio in a Chevy Express Van (adt work truck-at the time) Was dead full quieting,z-100 was mowed over!

Froggy 100.3 and 98.5 | NorthWestPA

SCPD

QRT
I have had Minnesota stations completely wiping some Chicago stations completing taking over them from 360 miles away. FM has the capture effect so the strongest signal wins. I have the story somewhere about it happening to WXRT in Chicago being completely overrun by a lowly little 100kw station in northern Minnesota. It's unreal how that can happen but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.