odd music 26.5750

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

04/01/18, 7:35 E.S.T., received in Asheville. 26.5750 AM. Distinctly East Asian music, chimes, bells, etc. Something you might expect from China, Thailand, or other location from there. Not saying the transmission came from there.. Just trying to describe the music. 26.5750 resumed activity by Spanish speakers. My hits on this arrived between 7:00 p.m. E.S.T. and 8:30 E.S.T. after that, nothing. The same music appeared momentarily on 26.5916, but was gone in an instant. Sound familiar to anyone??

nd5y

The US remote pickup frequencies are from 25.87 - 26.47 so it probably isn't one of those.
The 11 meter shortwave broadcast band is from 25.6 - 26.1.
Sometimes stations operate just above or below the HF broadcast bands.

AlphaFive

11 meter

Thank you for that. I have to admit that I wasn't familiar with 11 meters, let me write that down, and say I learned something today. I have many hits logged in that particular band, they were all listed by me as undetermined.. Take care.

Chance

Feed Provider
Time Zone Abbreviations

>> 04/01/18, 7:35 E.S.T.

Eastern Standard Time? Are you in an area that does not observe Daylight Saving Time? Otherwise you have been on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) since March.

Perhaps splitting hairs, but that is GMT - 5 versus GMT - 4, which makes a difference when referencing communications that can span the globe.

AlphaFive

Accuracy

Chance, I for one appreciate accuracy, even a small piece of information can make a big difference in this hobby. You are correct in that it should have been E.D.T. Thanks for the input, appreciate it, take care.

AlphaFive

Odd Music

Well Sir, I will first say, I wish I had saved my recording. I have gotten into such a habit of deleting everything, I lose the occasional oddball. Just sighting memory, I would say, that although the specific content (song) was different, the quality of the transmission and the general content sound the same to me... Thank you very much for the effort. I am going to spend some time looking into this, very interesting. I would add that the nature of the way the signal appeared to drift in on my recording, then fade back out, letting the Spanish activity resume, sounds like something that could be.

spacellamaman

i rarely go below 30mhz but about a month ago i heard some non-anglo music on 26.xxx. yesterday i thought i would make a quick pass through 25-30 cause of this thread and got hung up on 29.185. AM, FM, NFM all sounded like a open carrier with a steady, non-wavering 5 bars signal. using a 20 foot wire thrown up in a tree. reminded me of those orderwire/whatever they are called tx's. never got around to hooking up a WFM receiver to check how that sounded, but its the first time i have had something like that happen fairly certain it wasn't RFI either. well nothing RFI inasmuch as it being any of my equipment cause i have done this before, same place, setup etc and just slid right on through. thought i would mention it.

AlphaFive

Odd Music

I don't have anything logged right there, the closest I have is 28.530 FM on 03/03/18, and 29.6000 FM on 06/13/17. Up until this year, I haven't spent much specific dedicated time down in this neighborhood.. I headed down this way in mid February, and I haven't left yet. I am really getting hooked on the undocumented, wild west nature of what goes on down under 30 Mhz. My next investment will be a specific antenna, for under 30 Mhz. Something other than a standard discone with the whip on top. Of course then.........If I have a proper antenna, then I MUST have a receiver to go with it, yeahhhhh

spacellamaman

Of course then.........If I have a proper antenna, then I MUST have a receiver to go with it, yeahhhhh

Ha ha. Where there is a will....

course my philosphy is

If I have AN ANTENNA, then I MUST have a receiver to go with it, yeahhhhh

and i gotsa spooools and spooools and spoooools of wire and paper clips and plenty of trees. receivers to go with each, of similar "propper" quality to boot :)

I have a Beck song stuck in my head now.... "...so why don't ya shoot me..."

Status
Not open for further replies.