WinRadio 1550e

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBreen

Hello all,

I am looking for a user manual for the old WinRadio WR-1550e. I have been told it can be downloaded from the Internet but hours of searching has returned nothing. Similarly I have been told that the manual is "bundled" into the downloadable software but that does not seem to be true. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, John(N3JPB)

Token

First, the WR-1550e is not an SDR, so this probably is not the right forum for it, but no big deal, it is not like the traffic is supper high in here ;). It would be an "Other" receiver, it is software controlled, but not software defined, it is definitely a traditional superhet design just without a front panel.

Glad you got your 1550e working, I am Fed Thrall in the Winradio group and was the one who suggested the communications control panel.

About the manual for the radio, you will find it does not tell you anything not in the "Help" file in the WinRadio application. However, you can find the instructions for both your WR-1000i and your WR-1550e (same manual) at mods.dk - Modifications for radioamateur, it will be under "Manuals" and "Other" ( mods.dk – manuals ). I have not downloaded the manual from there myself (I still have mine around someplace, both the WR-1000i and the WR-1550e, just have not looked for it since the day I got those radios) but I have downloaded much other stuff from them.

T!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.