RTL2832U software

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8emr

Are there any software packages that will install a working RTL2832U "receiver" . Just a simple installer that puts everything need on the system to turn my USB device into a usable receiver.

D

DaveNF2G

Unfortunately, such a thing is not currently possible. There is a potential licensing issue with one of the driver libraries so that it cannot be included in any of the download packages. That is the main reason for having to download things from different locations and do the installation in stages.

I should also mention that Linux users can obtain a script that does all of the downloading and installing.

acarsnut

I use hdsdr software for my rtl2832u with the fc0013 tuner.just add the extio file [under hardware on the site]and away you go...listen to 2 meter band now...

akulahawk

I used that same file to install the files needed to get SDRSharp working. The other thing to pay CLOSE attention to is to ensure that you do not allow the computer to install the driver automatically... If it does, you'll have to "tell" it to use a different driver for your USB DVB-T device, which will then make it work correctly. I'm a complete noob at this stuff and right now, as I type this, I'm listening to a local radio station through it, on SDRSharp.

Somewhere I also came across a script that installs HDSDR and a few other packages as well. I'm still trying to figure out which of the two programs I like better.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Just use zip from above. Works great to get the rtl up and running. I think there is a new release folder that after you setup the rtl, you can move files(from release folder) to the working dir.

Status
Not open for further replies.