Need help with SDR sharp and autotune

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki4lqu

Is there a way to add auto-tune to the nightly releases of SDR#?

I just got into SDR with these cheap SDR dongles. I cobbled together a patch on an old scanner for a discriminator tap to feed to Unitrunker and was directed to this version of SDR# for trunk tracking. It looked nice, until I realized it didn't give any options but "IQ Stream" and "WAV"... "IQ stream" only recognizes sound cards in the audio panel, unlike the regular version of SDR# which has the drop down selector, one of which is the USB/RTL. Perhaps I missed something, but it doesn't seem to have a way to select the RTL-DVB device.

SDR# is a fascinating program, but without any ability to scan or track trunking systems, it is no more than a table radio with a slide tuner and wide bandwidth. Without a focus on automatic tuning or trunker decoding, SDR# is nothing more than a novelty radio or wide band spectrum analyzer.

Furthering the project in this direction would be a definite benefit for the field of SDR and the radio community at large!

Perhaps someone with an interest in marketing the more expensive "WinRadio/Excalibur" hardware is culling the development and interest in this incredibly inexpensive method of software tuning. I can think of no other plausible explanation at present! Take a look at the "Stickies" in the SDR section of this forum and you might agree with me!

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
You have to edit the config file for the program to recognize the dongle. After that is done it should work fine. I use it often to search the airband for activity. It's a phenomenal concept. It's better than any scanner available.

Status
Not open for further replies.