SDR with USB 3.0 Super Speed Full-Duplex RX/TX - Low Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Per Vices Noctar has some competition. Since this device can transmit, its not really appropriate for scanning.

The blue heatsink scares me. The picture of "a stack of prototypes" only shows one device.

dfbarnes

This is a reply on the kickstarter page regarding getting down into the spectrum which I'm assuming y'all are referring to as "really useful..."

Creator Nuand 3 days ago
Christian,
The usable frequency range of the bladeRF does indeed start at 300MHz but goes up to 3.8GHz. Having one (or even two) front-ends spanning this many octaves is a challenge, however the bladeRF performs exceptionally well over the entire range. That however may not have been the case had we included the circuitry needed to reach those lower frequencies. As a solution, we added an expansion board interface to the bladeRF which allows for expansion boards that can drastically expand the bladeRF's reach into HF, VHF, SHF, and EHF.

I don't know what the timeline is for said expansion board, but even without it, the project looks promising.

I'm in at the $400.00 level for now, we'll see how this looks as the funding date approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.