Which Linux Distro for GnuRadio/RTLSDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

I'm having issues installing Gnu Radio on a CrunchBang flavored Debian Distro. Not getting anywhere. Does anyone know of a Linux Distribution that has GNURadio RTLSDR already built in? Because the script I'm using to compile and install the packages isn't working for me.

The distro would need to work on an older slower laptop.

D

DaveNF2G

The script failure might be due to the Osmocom service outage and not your Linux distro. Depends on what script you are using.

Pape

Premium Subscriber
I know that it availlable as downloadable packague on ubuntu, not sure if it contain the rtl package, but it can be build from source without to much problem.

Pape

Premium Subscriber
I second this option, installed fine using Ubuntu 12.10 last night. It did take a while, for a bit I thought it had locked up on me, but I let it do its thing and everything came out ok.
Now my issue is what to do with the USRP and GNURadio...

Look on the internet you can do a lot it crazy, or start by try to listen to fm radio lol, the demod block is still giving me grief :)

samson512

I have gotten that far, was hoping to see a lot more projects out there as far as general coverage receiver programs for GRC. Or maybe even some decoders for different modulation schemes. Am currenty playing with op25 and the APT decoder. Please if anyone else has some great sites don't hold back! Thanks.

Look on the internet you can do a lot it crazy, or start by try to listen to fm radio lol, the demod block is still giving me grief :)

Status
Not open for further replies.