SDR# with trunking has been updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

zefie

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm the author of this mod, so if you have any requests, or find any bugs, ect. Please let me know here or on reddit. I can't fix what I don't know is broken ;)

harrysand

Thanks, this is great! I was hoping somebody would update a trunking plugin for use with a recent version of SDRSharp.

Not really a bug, but I noticed the retune to control frequency relies on squelch. Which is a problem when listening to a system that doesn't use squelch... The more popular (older) plugin had a delay retune feature that looked at the signal strength, and when the call was over it would retune. Would it be possible to add this? Thanks!

zefie

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, this is great! I was hoping somebody would update a trunking plugin for use with a recent version of SDRSharp.

Not really a bug, but I noticed the retune to control frequency relies on squelch. Which is a problem when listening to a system that doesn't use squelch... The more popular (older) plugin had a delay retune feature that looked at the signal strength, and when the call was over it would retune. Would it be possible to add this? Thanks!

I took that out because while I was debugging, I noticed that the calculations used in the old plugin were not matching up with the actual signal strength reported by SDRSharp, and as a single dongle user, this was not working for me.

I will look into adding this back in in a future update, if I can figure out how to get the proper signal strength.

I also have a 2nd dongle on the way, so that might help me add better features as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

zefie

Premium Subscriber

Just wanted to let you know I've enabled beta support for retune by signal level. Right now there is an issue though where you will have to set your FFT Display Resolution to 32768 or lower for it to work correctly. I'll try to address this in the future if possible, but I wanted to get this release out for you.

P.S. spent like ALL day Monday (from 9am til now) working on this. So I hope its useful :p

harrysand

Woah that was fast! Thanks!!! I just downloaded the beta, I will have to take a look tonight!

devicenull

The link for SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.429.20.zip is currently broken. I'm running v1.2013.430.1 now, so it's not a big deal. I'll see if this fixes the crashing issue I was seeing.

zefie

Premium Subscriber
The link for SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.429.20.zip is currently broken. I'm running v1.2013.430.1 now, so it's not a big deal. I'll see if this fixes the crashing issue I was seeing.

My bad, thanks for that. It should have been v1.2013.429.10. I've fixed the site. Thanks for the report!

D

DaveNF2G

This plugin needs to be publicized via the SDR# Yahoogroup as well. Then it will also make it into the Wiki.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Broken link ? "The requested URL /sdr/SDRSharp_Plugins/zefie/SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.430.1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Rob

zefie

Premium Subscriber
Broken link ? "The requested URL /sdr/SDRSharp_Plugins/zefie/SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.430.1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Rob

sorry about that, I rewrote the site today because I modified another plugin, so I set it up to support multiple plugins... anyway the site should be generating the correct link now.

DarrelH

I'm still in my first month with SDR#, trunking, streaming my audio etc., and loving every minute of it. Thanks to you and others for all your work zefie!

In looking for a good way to stream the audio and be able to pickup the metadata too, I'm trying out RadioFeed. I can't tell if I have a setting wrong somewhere or not, but when I tell it to grab data from SDR, I only see the same as the SDR# title on the window, which never changes from "SDR# v1.0.0.1135 - IQ Imbalance: Gain = 1.000 Phase = 0.000" (running a nightly build for now) When I tell it to use Uniform/Unitrunker, all it sees is "Site 0 Adhoc".

So I thought I was smart to choose a File instead of program from in the settings, and pick the sdrsharptrunking.log file. This works well and shows the channel source/target data etc. BUT it's also mashing that up with the log file's header line containing "action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel". So on the html from RadioFeed, it looks like:
action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel ListenDebug852062500 1616 CCSO Dispatch 1- Dist 1

In other words, a very long string that I'd like to tidy up. Is there a way to change the log output to leave off the header row?

Thanks again!
DH

mancow

Database Admin
I wonder if anyone will ever come up with a GUI that emulates a radio with a display and buttons etc...?

devicenull

I'm still in my first month with SDR#, trunking, streaming my audio etc., and loving every minute of it. Thanks to you and others for all your work zefie!

In looking for a good way to stream the audio and be able to pickup the metadata too, I'm trying out RadioFeed. I can't tell if I have a setting wrong somewhere or not, but when I tell it to grab data from SDR, I only see the same as the SDR# title on the window, which never changes from "SDR# v1.0.0.1135 - IQ Imbalance: Gain = 1.000 Phase = 0.000" (running a nightly build for now) When I tell it to use Uniform/Unitrunker, all it sees is "Site 0 Adhoc".

So I thought I was smart to choose a File instead of program from in the settings, and pick the sdrsharptrunking.log file. This works well and shows the channel source/target data etc. BUT it's also mashing that up with the log file's header line containing "action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel". So on the html from RadioFeed, it looks like:
action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel ListenDebug852062500 1616 CCSO Dispatch 1- Dist 1

In other words, a very long string that I'd like to tidy up. Is there a way to change the log output to leave off the header row?

Thanks again!
DH

You should be using the 'single' log file option, and configure RadioFeed to look at that. You don't want to use any other log file.

ewegryn

Have read every link on the web I think about getting UniTrunker to work. I have it decoding the calls and updating from RR database. All seems to be working. Have the trunking plugin installed per instructions and copied the new remote.dll to the untrunker folder where unitrunker.xml is. Installed the VC2012 runtime. I see the control receiver Frequency changing as calls come in. But I can't seem to get UniTrunker to write out the frequency file to control SDR#. I think I am SO close, but missing something.

zefie

Premium Subscriber
Have read every link on the web I think about getting UniTrunker to work. I have it decoding the calls and updating from RR database. All seems to be working. Have the trunking plugin installed per instructions and copied the new remote.dll to the untrunker folder where unitrunker.xml is. Installed the VC2012 runtime. I see the control receiver Frequency changing as calls come in. But I can't seem to get UniTrunker to write out the frequency file to control SDR#. I think I am SO close, but missing something.

I've only tested in an environment where unitrunker.xml is in the same folder as the executable, as mine did not place the xml file in the APPDATA folder. (I installed to a user-writable drive, not to Program Files, so there are no UAC conflicts) So the only thing I can suggest is if your setup is using APPDATA, try putting remote.dll in the folder with the Uniform.exe executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.