DSD+ SDR# PLUGIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I've installed the DSD+ SDR# plugin. Everything shows up and the plugin is able to start DSD+. So far I have not been able to decode digital signals. I'm wondering how I should set the 'Audio Device' in the plug in? And also, in the 'Configure' menu it has as default input = 1 and output = 2. Just want to make sure I connect the wires correctly. I'm using VAC and I can clearly see that DSD+ is getting feed from SDR Sharp.

joeuser

The Wretched
I didn't see you mention Unitrunker. You need it, in fact, if you are using certain dongles all you really need is UT & DSD+ Its all I use SDR# is fine but adds another layer of complexity that wasn't needed. HTH.

KA2ZEY

DSD+ does not need Unitrunker. Unitrunker if used if you want to follow trunked systems. DSD+ is independent and is used exclusively for decoding digital signals.

Does anyone know what sound card the DSD+ plugin for SDRSharp needs to be set to?

SCPD

QRT
KA2ZEY - I don't think anyone can answer your question because they can't see your configuration.

The answer will depend upon (a) which virtual audio device drivers you've installed and (b) which virtual cable output you selected from SDR#. The other end of that "pipe" is what needs to be selected from DSD+.

KA2ZEY

a) I'm using VAC with 2 lines created (line 1, line 2)

b) I have the output of SDR# set to Line 1. This is how I would feed DSD+ before the creation of this new plugin. Do I set the DSD+ plugin to Line 1 as well? If so, I'm not getting any results and I can also hear some phasing due to there being 2 outputs going on. Everything else is set up the way it should and I have had success with DSD+ before.

SCPD

QRT
b) I have the output of SDR# set to Line 1. This is how I would feed DSD+ before the creation of this new plugin. Do I set the DSD+ plugin to Line 1 as well?

SDR# has an audio output. DSD+ has an audio input and an audio output. You want your SDR# output set to the Line 1 input. Point the DSD+ input to the Line 1 output. Point the DSD+ output to your speakers.

If you have SDR# and DSD+ outputs both mapped to the Line 1 input - you'll get the discriminator audio mixed with the decode voice audio - not what you want.

[ SDR # ] <=== line1 ===> [ DSD+ ] ===> speakers.

KA2ZEY

SDR# has an audio output. DSD+ has an audio input and an audio output. You want your SDR# output set to the Line 1 input. Point the DSD+ input to the Line 1 output. Point the DSD+ output to your speakers.

If you have SDR# and DSD+ outputs both mapped to the Line 1 input - you'll get the discriminator audio mixed with the decode voice audio - not what you want.

[ SDR # ] <=== line1 ===> [ DSD+ ] ===> speakers.

Ok but just to be clear, I'm talking about the new plugin for SDR# (and perhaps you are too). There's only one audio device option in the plugin. What do I set that to?

KA2ZEY

Yes. Seems like the output I'm referring to within the plugin is optional. It's not necessary to have it on. I'm getting decoding now but only because I changed my VAC Line 2 cable to have a sample rate of 48K to 48K in the control panel (mirroring Line 1 settings). I guess maybe that was the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.