NooElec NEDSR and its Extruded Aluminum Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay427

I picked up an SDR bundle from for NooElec
NooElec - NESDR Mini HF: Bundle - SDR Bundles - Software Defined Radio

It also came with the Extruded Aluminum Enclosure Kit for the dongle, no directions however. It would appear that you need to peal apart the dongle and then stick in the case?

I got it up and running but would now like to get it into its case, seem a little odd to not have a little direction, Im all for taking it apart but don't to pull on the wrong end or something!

Maybe I'm blind and missed it on the web page!

For whatever reason they did not ship the up converter, maybe will get some directions in a second package!

Thanks

Jay

jay427

Got an email from the manufacture, all you do is pull the dongle out of the plastic and re-install in the the new metal case, no need to wrap the board or anything, seems weird but will give it a try tonight

Saint

Premium Subscriber
SDR Bundle

I picked up an SDR bundle from for NooElec
NooElec - NESDR Mini HF: Bundle - SDR Bundles - Software Defined Radio

It also came with the Extruded Aluminum Enclosure Kit for the dongle, no directions however. It would appear that you need to peal apart the dongle and then stick in the case?

I got it up and running but would now like to get it into its case, seem a little odd to not have a little direction, Im all for taking it apart but don't to pull on the wrong end or something!

Maybe I'm blind and missed it on the web page!

For whatever reason they did not ship the up converter, maybe will get some directions in a second package!

Thanks

Jay

:) Hi Jay I just ordered the nesdr mini yesterday and also ordered the cases for the dongle and the up-converter, hope I can also figure this out, if no directions are in the package I will send NooElec an email to make sure how to do it.
Steve

jay427

Taking apart the dongle was not a big deal after you find the sweet spot to pull it apart. It does fit very well in the case.

If you ordered the up converter you may not get it, at least mine has not arrived yet. The funny about it is I sent an email and asked if it was back ordered or coming in a second package, I got a reply that yes it is. I will leave up to you to guess if its back ordered or not.

I will give is a few more days and if I don't see it I will ask for a ETA.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Dongle

Taking apart the dongle was not a big deal after you find the sweet spot to pull it apart. It does fit very well in the case.

If you ordered the up converter you may not get it, at least mine has not arrived yet. The funny about it is I sent an email and asked if it was back ordered or coming in a second package, I got a reply that yes it is. I will leave up to you to guess if its back ordered or not.

I will give is a few more days and if I don't see it I will ask for a ETA.

:) Thanks for the information on taking the dongle apart to insert it in the case, I see that my package is in Niagara Falls NY, I'm just across the Niagara River in Canada, so I should get it today or maybe tomorrow hopefully, from what I can see they shipped both dongle and up-converter and everything else that is coming in one shipment, I will let you know when I receive it. Also Jay how is the dongle working and what software program are you using with it.
Steve

jay427

:) Thanks for the information on taking the dongle apart to insert it in the case, I see that my package is in Niagara Falls NY, I'm just across the Niagara River in Canada, so I should get it today or maybe tomorrow hopefully, from what I can see they shipped both dongle and up-converter and everything else that is coming in one shipment, I will let you know when I receive it. Also Jay how is the dongle working and what software program are you using with it.
Steve

Mine showed that the up converter was included but it did not come, the packing slip also had it as qty. 0.

I have been using SDR# with it, so far its been ok but have I not had a ton of time to get used to it either, I was more interested in the HF side of things.

I'm using a discone antenna with it now, looking forward to getting ADS-B up and running.

I found this link rtl-sdr.com - RTL-SDR (RTL2832U) and Software Defined Radio on RR, lots of good goto information here.

Edit: After looking at the above link I see they show another RX unit, looks fun!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Dongle

Mine showed that the up converter was included but it did not come, the packing slip also had it as qty. 0.

I have been using SDR# with it, so far its been ok but have I not had a ton of time to get used to it either, I was more interested in the HF side of things.

I'm using a discone antenna with it now, looking forward to getting ADS-B up and running.

I found this link rtl-sdr.com - RTL-SDR (RTL2832U) and Software Defined Radio on RR, lots of good goto information here.

Edit: After looking at the above link I see they show another RX unit, looks fun!

Yes I am interested in the HF Bands also, it's been awhile but I Have used SDR Sharp, HDSDR, And SDR Console, I see my Package is now in Transit so it will be arriving probably tomorrow some time, I have all the programs set up and I have been watching all the utube video's I can find so I think I'm ready for the dongle and up-converter, I had two R75 receivers and a couple of other hf radios so I will really enjoy the new dongle.
ps Also have a discone antenna on my 4th floor balcony, and will get some speaker wire for another antenna.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.