NESDR Mini HF: Bundle (need help setting up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
:( I received my NESDR Mini HF: Bundle that includes the Ham it up converter. I have SDR# V 1.0.0.1328 and ran zadig.exe and I can receive FM radio stations. But I have been trying to set up the up-converter but when I go to the Nooelec web site they have information on setting up a different version of SDR# SHARP and it's confusing me. I am having a hard time. nooelec sent me a email telling me,

The upconverter shifts frequencies by the LO frequency, 125MHz, by design. You need to tune to 137.1MHz with the upconverter enabled to receive 12.1MHz.
I don't understand this,

Can someone walk me through how to set up the parameters in SDR SHARP v 1.0.0.1328 so the ham it up converter will start working, it's gong over my head and I just can't figure out how to set up the software.

Any help would be appreciated, I have been struggling for two days on how to set up SDR SHARP. Sometimes I need someone to show me how to do things before it sinks in.
Steve

jay427

I'm not at home to check it but in SDR# near the top left you will see a box to input a "Shift" add -125,000,000 then click on the box to enable it. Don't forget the minus sign.

Take a look at this video, this is what I used to get a feel for it before I started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njw5rM2MSi8

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Setup Help

I'm not at home to check it but in SDR# near the top left you will see a box to input a "Shift" add -125,000,000 then click on the box to enable it. Don't forget the minus sign.

Take a look at this video, this is what I used to get a feel for it before I started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njw5rM2MSi8

Thanks so much for your help, I have done everything in your video and still am having problems, I am closer then ever before, when I plugged in the dongle the first time windows 8.1 installed a driver for it but when I ran Zadig.exe it gave me a choice and I picked Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)

:confused: I uninstalled everything because I was having so many problem and reinstalled SDR Sharp and ran Zadig.exe but now I can't get it to show Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0) any more I have tried several times and it will not show up in zadig, I go to options and click on show all devices but all I can install is what Windows 8.1 installed. You can see in the screen capture. I think this is the problem but I am not sure.
Any help appreciated.
Steve

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 668
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 692

jay427

I have not ran Win8 so I'm the guy for that, but....if you were able to get hear FM as you noted in your first post you were 90% their.

Are you no longer able to hear any FM stations?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
FM Stations

I have not ran Win8 so I'm the guy for that, but....if you were able to get hear FM as you noted in your first post you were 90% their.

Are you no longer able to hear any FM stations?

No for some reason I can not pick them up again, they were coming in perfectly but now nothing, I have installed and reinstall SDR sharp over a dozen time in the last couple of days and I did have FM Stations but even then when I tried the HF bands it would not work. I just don't understand this I had a Funcube+ and it worked perfect just plug and play. I have run out of things to do, unless I can get someone to maybe access my computer and try and fix the problem. I have never had such a problem setting up programs in my life, if I can't get it working in a another day or so I will be sending the dongle and up converter back for a refund. can't thank you enough for trying to trouble shoot this for me.

Steve

Last edited:

dougjgray

I just installed the rtlsdr on windows 7 and when I plugged the dongle it found drivers (wrong) and installed them. I had to delete the drivers a few times to get zadig to install the right ones. so you could try finding the rtl dongle in the device manager and uninstalling the drivers and runing zadig, it took me a few trys and it is win 7 and not 8 but might be worth a try

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I just installed the rtlsdr on windows 7 and when I plugged the dongle it found drivers (wrong) and installed them. I had to delete the drivers a few times to get zadig to install the right ones. so you could try finding the rtl dongle in the device manager and uninstalling the drivers and runing zadig, it took me a few trys and it is win 7 and not 8 but might be worth a try

Thanks I tried to set the dongle up on my other computer that runs Windows 7 and did what you did and still will not work properly, I have given up on it I will be sending it back if I can ever get Nooelec to send me a RMA so I can send the package back, I have sent several requests and still they have not sent me the RMA.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.