RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Software Defined Radio


Software Defined Radio - A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1821 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2018, 7:50 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WX4JCW View Post
I can’t get the TG aliases to display is that normal?


Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP
Have you populated the tgid-tags.tsv file and set the file name in trunk.tsv?

Format is:
Code:
tgid#TABText tag stringTABprio#
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1822 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2018, 8:00 PM
WX4JCW's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All Over
Posts: 1,419
Default

Yes named it Portland.tsv and referenced it in trunk.tsv


Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP
__________________
Jason WX4JCW EMD/FF/EMT RET
Like Johnny Cash's Song I've been everywhere man, ive been everywhere and monitored it
Unication G4, BCD536HP, SDR
Reply With Quote
  #1823 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2018, 9:03 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WX4JCW View Post
Yes named it Portland.tsv and referenced it in trunk.tsv


Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP
You need to make sure there is precisely ONE TAB character between the tgid and the tag text string. If you specify a trunk priority that has to be ONE TAB after the end of the text string.
Reply With Quote
  #1824 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2018, 9:14 PM
WX4JCW's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All Over
Posts: 1,419
Default

got that, it was corrupted, fixed it
__________________
Jason WX4JCW EMD/FF/EMT RET
Like Johnny Cash's Song I've been everywhere man, ive been everywhere and monitored it
Unication G4, BCD536HP, SDR
Reply With Quote
  #1825 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2018, 11:26 PM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 41
Default

@boatbod was looking at your code. is there a function somewhere that I can build an additional config file using .tsv file to place and match source id's of the radios with Common Names?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1826 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 7:27 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Guys, is it possible to have RX record conversations by talkgroup ID by streaming them to a wav/mp3? I'm thinking every time a specific ID chatters this could be appended to an audio file.

Also, have any of you looked at VLC. I'm wondering if it's possible to have SDR running on my laptop at home, and remotely connect to the audio via VLC on my iPhone?

Anyone done anything like the above?
Reply With Quote
  #1827 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 8:38 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshadowxm81 View Post
@boatbod was looking at your code. is there a function somewhere that I can build an additional config file using .tsv file to place and match source id's of the radios with Common Names?
Anything is possible but it's not there at present. There are a couple considerations that spring to mind if you wanted to implement the feature:

- similar to the trunk tags, source names lookup table would likely best reside within the trunking module. The data passes from trunking to terminal via a json-encoded message. At present it's pretty simple: "srcaddr=12345". The logical addition would be to add a new parameter "srcname=abcdef" to the existing message.

- the terminal.py module is pretty dumb and does not have access to any lookup tables. All it does is make requests and receive info via json messages. Screen space for additional data display is at a premium and it's a royal PITA to make everything move and revalidate when the terminal is resized. Accidentally attempting to set a string longer than the defined text window is a really easy way to crash ncurses!
Reply With Quote
  #1828 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 8:56 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrnewb View Post
Guys, is it possible to have RX record conversations by talkgroup ID by streaming them to a wav/mp3? I'm thinking every time a specific ID chatters this could be appended to an audio file.

Also, have any of you looked at VLC. I'm wondering if it's possible to have SDR running on my laptop at home, and remotely connect to the audio via VLC on my iPhone?

Anyone done anything like the above?
There is a remote audio capability already, but i's raw UDP not VLC. On the sdr machine you set up the command line with "-V -2 -w -W hostname" (dropping -U) and then on the remote player you run the command "./audio.sh"

The recoding capability you describe may already be provided by a different application called trunk-recorder.

Last edited by boatbod; 01-25-2018 at 9:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1829 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 8:59 AM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbod View Post
Anything is possible but it's not there at present. There are a couple considerations that spring to mind if you wanted to implement the feature:

- similar to the trunk tags, source names lookup table would likely best reside within the trunking module. The data passes from trunking to terminal via a json-encoded message. At present it's pretty simple: "srcaddr=12345". The logical addition would be to add a new parameter "srcname=abcdef" to the existing message.

- the terminal.py module is pretty dumb and does not have access to any lookup tables. All it does is make requests and receive info via json messages. Screen space for additional data display is at a premium and it's a royal PITA to make everything move and revalidate when the terminal is resized. Accidentally attempting to set a string longer than the defined text window is a really easy way to crash ncurses!
Yeah I saw it was using json encoded streams but wasn't exactly sure how that was working. I'm going to give it ago and have a look at it and see if I can't get this to work. If I do somehow manage to get this working I'll be sure to issue a pull request for a merge on your repo.
Reply With Quote
  #1830 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshadowxm81 View Post
Yeah I saw it was using json encoded streams but wasn't exactly sure how that was working. I'm going to give it ago and have a look at it and see if I can't get this to work. If I do somehow manage to get this working I'll be sure to issue a pull request for a merge on your repo.
trunking.py
line 744 [ def to_json() ] - where the .json messages are formulated and you'd need to add the extra srcname parameter.
line 704 [ def setup_config() ] - probably where you'd need to add code to read in a srcaddr-srcname mapping table.

You'd probably also have to extend trunk.tsv format so you can name your new mapping table. Make sure it's optional and backward compatible so you don't break existing config files.

terminal.py
line 84 [ def setup_curses() ] - the "status1" window used for srcaddr
line 110 [ def resize_curses() ] - resizing logic for "status1" window
line 226 [ def process_json() ] - where srcaddr gets unpacked and put on the screen
Reply With Quote
  #1831 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbod View Post
trunking.py
line 744 [ def to_json() ] - where the .json messages are formulated and you'd need to add the extra srcname parameter.
line 704 [ def setup_config() ] - probably where you'd need to add code to read in a srcaddr-srcname mapping table.

You'd probably also have to extend trunk.tsv format so you can name your new mapping table. Make sure it's optional and backward compatible so you don't break existing config files.

terminal.py
line 84 [ def setup_curses() ] - the "status1" window used for srcaddr
line 110 [ def resize_curses() ] - resizing logic for "status1" window
line 226 [ def process_json() ] - where srcaddr gets unpacked and put on the screen
Thanks for this this will be helpful. I'll dig in when i have some time.
Reply With Quote
  #1832 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2018, 1:57 AM
SDRPlayer's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 43
Default

I hope this is the right place to post, i want to thank Boatbod for his work on the project. I had no issues getting his OP25 up and running on Mint 18.3 cinnamon 32-bit. Also thanks to Broadband for his tutorial a few pages back on how to generate the .tsv file with Libreoffice (i would have surely got stuck otherwise).
Reply With Quote
  #1833 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 7:58 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: harco MD
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbod View Post
There is a remote audio capability already, but i's raw UDP not VLC. On the sdr machine you set up the command line with "-V -2 -w -W hostname" (dropping -U) and then on the remote player you run the command "./audio.sh"

The recoding capability you describe may already be provided by a different application called trunk-recorder.
Is this specific to your repo?

Also is there any way for the 2 repos to coexist on the same machine for testing both?


FYI I had a friend over the other day who has a real radio on the systems I'm monitoring - we did a comparison and op25 sounded almost exactly as perfect. Great stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #1834 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 9:03 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc1131 View Post
Is this specific to your repo?

Also is there any way for the 2 repos to coexist on the same machine for testing both?


FYI I had a friend over the other day who has a real radio on the systems I'm monitoring - we did a comparison and op25 sounded almost exactly as perfect. Great stuff!
The remote-udp code is common to both repos; it was one of Max's main changes when he moved away from scope.py and implemented rx.py.

You can co-exist both repos at the same time, but only one can be actively operational at a time. The way I do it is by cloning into specific subdirectories, then symlinking the one I was to use at any given point. Once you move the sym link you just need to repeat the "sudo make install" before you run the application.

git clone op25.osmocom.org ~/op25.max
rm ~/op25; ln -s ~/op25.max ~/op25
cd op25
mkdir build; cd build
cmake ../
etc etc

git clone https://www.github.com/boatbod/op25 op25.boat
rm ~/op25; ln -s ~/op25.boat ~/op25
cd op25
etc etc
Reply With Quote
  #1835 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2018, 4:10 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 416
Default

From this day forth, it shall be known as the “Boat” fork lol.
Reply With Quote
  #1836 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2018, 7:05 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Talbot Co, MD
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSR View Post
From this day forth, it shall be known as the “Boat” fork lol.
As long as it doesn't have a hole in it
Reply With Quote
  #1837 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2018, 8:25 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hesperia California
Posts: 156
Default install error

Getting this error on utuntbu 17.10 what is causing this gnu radio is installed

Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_RUNTIME (missing: GNURADIO_RUNTIME_LIBRARIES)
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Found CPPUNIT: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcppunit.so;dl
CMake Error at op25/gr-op25/CMakeLists.txt:102 (message):
GnuRadio Runtime required to compile op25
Reply With Quote
  #1838 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2018, 8:30 PM
dseven's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay / Delta, CA
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansul1001 View Post
Getting this error on utuntbu 17.10 what is causing this gnu radio is installed

Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Could NOT find GNURADIO_RUNTIME (missing: GNURADIO_RUNTIME_LIBRARIES)
-- Could NOT find PkgConfig (missing: PKG_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE)
-- Found CPPUNIT: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcppunit.so;dl
CMake Error at op25/gr-op25/CMakeLists.txt:102 (message):
GnuRadio Runtime required to compile op25
Try 'sudo apt-get install pkg-config' first.
Reply With Quote
  #1839 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2018, 9:41 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hesperia California
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseven View Post
Try 'sudo apt-get install pkg-config' first.
Thanks that was it wow that was fast lol i owe you a beer
Reply With Quote
  #1840 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:02 AM
WX4JCW's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All Over
Posts: 1,419
Default

alright i just did a dual boot install of ubuntu to get rid of virtual box, install of boatbods branch went well
__________________
Jason WX4JCW EMD/FF/EMT RET
Like Johnny Cash's Song I've been everywhere man, ive been everywhere and monitored it
Unication G4, BCD536HP, SDR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions