Winradio Excalibur 31DDC - They won't respond to e-mails!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

I bought their virtual sound card (VSC)-software about 1-2 years ago. I had a external hard drive failure and lost the install package. I had to re-install Win 7 and lost the VSC I have the "un-install.exe" for it and the usr guide. I have a receipt (e-mail) but no install software. The "Bast...s." won't respond to my e-mails, won't give me any help. I am retired and on a limited income so don't really want to have to pay it again!

Any ideas about getting them to at least respond? Respond by e-mail if you can offer any ideas; neil<dot>bell<at>sbcglobal<dot>net

Neil Bell
KJ6FBA

Token

Did you try them via their enquiry form ( WiNRADiO Comunications General Enquiry Form ), or was it direct? They have typically responded to me within a day or so, looking back at old emails it has never taken longer than 3 days,a nd that appears to have been over a weekend. You could also try Radixon, the US vendor for them (RADIXON - Surveillance and Monitoring Solutions for the 21st Century ). And their email direct would be support@radixon.com

Alternately, have you tried to install the upgrade software ( WiNRADiO Virtual Sound Card - Upgrade Download ) to see if it recognizes your registry entries and allows install?

T!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I bought their virtual sound card (VSC)-software about 1-2 years ago. I had a external hard drive failure and lost the install package. I had to re-install Win 7 and lost the VSC I have the "un-install.exe" for it and the usr guide. I have a receipt (e-mail) but no install software. The "Bast...s." won't respond to my e-mails, won't give me any help. I am retired and on a limited income so don't really want to have to pay it again!

Any ideas about getting them to at least respond? Respond by e-mail if you can offer any ideas; neil<dot>bell<at>sbcglobal<dot>net

Neil Bell
KJ6FBA

Hopefully, you saved and printed out the email confirmation and download link that was sent to you when you first purchased the Virtual Sound Card software. The link that they sent you in that receipt email will still be active to download the software again.

Token

There's also a Yahoo group for this SDR...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WinradioEXCALIBUR/info

Mike

Mike, there is almost no activity in that group, it has always been low traffic. It also is not in any way associated with WinRadio or Radixon, it was a group someone setup before the G31 even hit the street.

There is another group, a lot more active, but still not associated with WinRadio or Radixon: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WiNRADiO_G3_Series/info

T!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Good to know...I saw comments on the eHam reviews on this radio that complained of the same issue of non-responses that the OP mentioned. Hopefully that's not a start of a trend...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.