Virtual Box Network setting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Apologies if this has been asked before

Not sure what happened, but recently a certain work software I use which accesses an Ethernet connection on my laptop computer, "conflicted" ......apparently with Virtual Box and the software on my computer would not run due to an "expired license key" type error. I ended up having to completely reinstall this software and "disable" Virtual Box to get my licensed software to work.

Ok...Is this a network setting with Vittual Box that I can change to avoid this internet access conflict issue???

I've read a little about NAT vs Bridge vs some other option. Recommendations??? I'd really like to not risk any downtime on my work software due to running VirtualBox at same time.

deboe

If you have not already, you should post this question on a virtual box forum. I know vb makes some changes to your networking setup.

Dylan

muchomorek

Premium Subscriber
"expired license key" for what windows? your virtual machine is just another computer on the network.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Catia V5 on windows 7. It's license key somehow accesses an Ethernet connection and Virtual Box "disconnects" it

Status
Not open for further replies.