HDSDR LO-Tune Offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5vv

I am using an ICOM with 64.445MHZ IF. I have set the AM & USB offsets in RF Front-End + Calibration so the frequency in HDSDR matches the frequency of the rig.

Everything is working well except I cannot change the Tune frequency without changing the LO frequency and vice versa. The difference between the two is always equal to the offset I specified in RF Front-End + Calibration. I have tried setting "Lo<->Tune Offset" and turning "Tune fixed to Lo<->Tune Offset" on and off. I have "locked" the LO frequency but it still changes when I change the Tune frequency.

It's not a big deal after I turned the RX DC Removal to "Auto" so I no longer have a peak at the LO frequency. But is there a fix? Is this by design? I'm a bit of a newb to SDRs.

k5vv

I have read through that website many times. I've roughly followed that process for RF/frequency calibration, except I use zero for the global offset and apply all the offset in each mode (e.g. +5190 on AM, -6850 on USB). I tried changing the global offset to 50000 and adjusting the mode offsets (e.g. -56850 on USB) and the result is exactly the same...the difference between Tune and LO on USB is always 6850 Hz.

I have not played around with changing the IF frequency, i.e. using the subharmonic mixing. I have it fixed to 64.445 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.