RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Software Defined Radio


Software Defined Radio - A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
p_ballermatt98's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ladysmith
Posts: 33
Default

Thank you for your suggestion although I seem to have accidentally found a fix.
After finding no solutions to the error in SDR# I decided to try out HDSDR. Installation went smoothly and it was up and running without any issues. After playing around with it for a few hours I went back to SDR#. Much to my surprise, it now works!
I can only assume that the Zadig that SDR# downloaded was not able to accomplish the driver replacement that was necessary, whereas the version that was used with HDSDR (2.2) did what was expected. My only concern is, why would running the 2.2 version work when installing HDSDR but NOT when I tried it alone with SDR#? Perhaps my assumption is not the root of the fix but I'm happy with the outcome nonetheless.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2016, 3:41 AM
   
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1
Unhappy Same issues with SDR-RTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldgardner View Post
I am having the same problem with a Windows 10 64bit system.

My drop down menu shows that I can select SDL-RTL USB OK but when I go to the Configure dropdown there is no device to select.

I have run zadig.exe and the driver is correct for my USB receiver which runs fine under SDR Console.

I have also run the install-rtlsdr.bat file successfully.

There was no zadig.exe file in the winzip file for RadioSharp so I used another copy from RTL1090.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

PS I have been back to the site to download the RadioSharp software again, but can't get it to download.

I have same issues as Paul:

I have an SDR R820T Nooelec dongle and it works fine under HDSDR but always get device not found with SDR#.
. Running Win10 on Surface Pro and suspected it may be the USB3. If it wasn’t running on HDSDR I would suspect a driver but having run zadig and also can see it in device manager it is not the driver.
Also downloaded and run the install file so I suspect it is SDR# as HDSDR works fine.

So it must be SDR# and a missing dll.

Please help as I am seriously frustrated and please don't suggest zadig.... Have installed so many times I can do it in my sleep!
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2017, 8:46 AM
Newbie
   
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Smile Problem solved! The SDR missing .dll file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearce View Post
I have same issues as Paul:

I have an SDR R820T Nooelec dongle and it works fine under HDSDR but always get device not found with SDR#.
. Running Win10 on Surface Pro and suspected it may be the USB3. If it wasn’t running on HDSDR I would suspect a driver but having run zadig and also can see it in device manager it is not the driver.
Also downloaded and run the install file so I suspect it is SDR# as HDSDR works fine.

So it must be SDR# and a missing dll.

Please help as I am seriously frustrated and please don't suggest zadig.... Have installed so many times I can do it in my sleep!
Problem solved!
You're right! The SDR missing the rtlsdr.dll
I did some research on the SDR older version. The rtlsdr.dll is missing from the new version. So, basically it will not detect your usb dongle, unless you copy the .dll to SDR folder.

You can download it from here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyvnb2hf1l...tlsdr.rar?dl=0

Extract the rar & copy the rtlsdr.dll to the SDR folder.
Voila! Your dongle will be detected as generic rtlsdr & you can use it smoothly 😉
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2017, 1:15 PM
Newbie
   
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Default

I solved this problem by moving my device from the USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2018, 4:08 PM
   
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Thumbs up Problem ACTUALLY Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatzkerob View Post
I solved this problem by moving my device from the USB 3.0 port to a USB 2.0 port.
This is EXACTLY what fixed mine too...
on windows 7. Had it working perfectly last night, but today it was kaput. Tried reinstalling drivers and software a gjillion times, and kept getting the same "No device selected". Saw this post, and realized I had it in a regular usb port last night! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions