OpenCPN / AIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aart

Hi, I am new at your forum and I have a problem with RTLSDR. Maybe someone can help me. English is not my native language, I hope I can explain everything loud and clear.

I bought a brandnew DVB-T dongle with the right chipset RTL for using it as RTLSDR.in my nautical navigation software OpenCPN for displaying AIS messages.

First I have put the dongle in my W7 computer and the standard driver (not the driver for DVB-T) was automaticcaly installed by Windows.
Next I used the Zadig software to replace the driver by the Zadig driver. I can find my dongel at USB devices and properties tells me that driver is OK and device is correctly installed. See pict 001. So far so Good.

I also installed SDR#. I go to "Sources" and select RTL-SDR (USB) See pict 004. And then clikc on play.

Now I see a message "Device is not selected" See pict 002 Strange? Driver was installed and I can see my dongle al USB-Devices. (See pict 001)

When I try to close SDR# message from pict 003 appears. I don't know what to do now.

Please help me.

Aart Korstjens
the Netherlands

Attachments

• 001.PNG
    001.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 242
  • 004.PNG
    004.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 002.PNG
    002.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 003.PNG
    003.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 333

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If you would like this moved to the SDR specific forum you can use the "Report Post" feature (the red triangle) and request it be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.