SDR Console V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

V3 was recently released as a test version only. Has anyone been playing with it yet? Is there a way to import the saved memories from V 2381? Maybe a way to copy and paste them into the existing XML file?
I do like the layout and it seems to have slightly better reception on some of the distant agencies I listen to.

Just curious.

br0adband

Grabbed the latest preview and installed it, got the proper dll files like before, and while the program starts up when I attempt to access one of my RTL sticks it crashes out big time, RAM usage skyrockets to the point where Windows complains about low memory (as noted in Task Manager) so, I suppose I'll check back on it at a later time. The issue could lie with the dll files since they were designed for V2 and work just fine with that version.

As the preview page specifically is looking for errors (exactly the ones I'm having) I'll capture the bug tracker log and upload it so perhaps it'll help them make it better for future previews.

ab5r

Gentlemen, I am not positive but I think that SDR Console V3 was written for SDRPlay. You both seem to be using SDR sticks. That "may" be the reason for your woes.

Version 3 is a good looking version, BUT it is not finished yet and does have a few bugs yet. Stay tuned, as they say.

cpetraglia

I did not install anything but V3 and kept my latest Mirics drivers (SDRPlay). I have no issues running the program. It also runs fine with my Airspy. I have not tried a dongle yet but I will and get back.

To Br0adband: I would try a clean install and don't add any drivers. The support should already be in there. Check the program file and you'll see a bunch of different support. I have very low CPU and Mem usage.

Chuck

br0adband

To be able to use RTL USB sticks, the dll files must be added to the SDR-Console folder; they're not distributed with the installer natively. SDR-Console can't see the RTL stick unless those dll files are in place - it can see RTL sticks over TCP, but not USB connected ones. So while it natively supports SDRplay and many other devices, the nature of the RTL USB dll files (they're not technically drivers, that's what the Zadig drivers are for, the dll files allow SDR-Console to communicate with the Zadig drivers which pass the info to and from the RTL hardware).

I've tried this several times so far (alongside my long running v2 installation) and while v2 works with the exact same hardware without change, v3 still just crashes upon trying to start the RTL stick. I sent off the bug tracker dump file and a screenshot to Simon, I'm sure he'll look over it whenever he's got the opportunity. It could just be an issue with some changes in v3 that might require updated RTL dll files compiled to make use of that version, I don't know but sooner or later there'll be a solution I'm sure.

On your installation, if you open up the Definitions for what's supported, you'll see RTL SDR (TCP) but not RTL SDR (USB) which is what I require as pictured:

If it ends up working, great, if not v2 is still very useful to me as well. I never got into the LW/SW side of monitoring, was never an interest of mine and I know SDR-Console really is fantastic for that purpose but I'm still basically a 25 MHz and above kinda guy. ;)

Last edited:

vince48

Premium Subscriber
broadband
Simon is coming out with update for the dongles in a few days. Personally, I like anything I can monitor. Haven't tried LW yet thou

br0adband

Guess I need to check on the Yahoo Group where he tends to handle support questions and information, it'll be nice to see how v3 works out in the long run. I like the revamped look of the UI and it should definitely perform much better on lower spec hardware now because of many of the coding changes he's put into action.

<duh>

And yep, first post I see at the Yahoo Group is about RTL sticks, go figure. :D

vince48

Premium Subscriber
yes, the GUI is very nice. I use my Airspy and my Ettus B200 with DSDplus. Makes for a pretty good scanning/monitoring platform. V3 will only get better as Simon refines the program and the many options.

KA2ZEY

Would be wonderful to have digital decoding (P25, DMR, NXDN) included in one piece of SDR software. Also trunking.

xe2kaf

Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo State, México.
I need an advice for SDR Console V3

Hello everyone
Can somebody help me?
How to add a shortwave AM broadcasts database (xml file) to "favourites" in the SDR Console V3?
which I mainly use with SDRplay1
Thanks in advance for the info
73's de XE2KAF

xe2kaf

We need Help

Hi...
Does anyone know how to add a database file (World Broadcasts AM frequencies) to the site "Favorites" within the SDR Console V3 ?.
This file I have in the folder "Documents" in the software SDRuno as "Frec Bradcast 1.s1b" file, so I converted it to xml to be able to add it to the SDR Console V3 but I can not find the settings to do it.
We would appreciate the help
73's de XE2KAF

xe2kaf

Cpetraglia:
I agree, the design and versatility of the SDR Console V3 preview 6 (latest version) software is the best (for me) I have ever had. Second I would use SDRuno. I have the SDRplay 1 (exceptional but I think SDR 2 is better) I can tell you I tried many softwares and RTL's (cubic, sdrsharp, HDSDR, etc etc). I think the V3 Console is still in evolutionary design and still does not finish. regards from
XE2KAF

mbott

Premium Subscriber
The V3 preview gets better with each release. I use it and V2.3 all the time.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.