AFSK Paging Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

YalekW

This shoudlve gained more attention as this type of signal is very popular in the Midwestern areas, especially Illinois and Indiana. AFSK paging link is none other than POCSAG but modulated with the bell 202 AFSK tones. You could try to decode with PDW but that wouldnt be easy because some type of splitter to the pulse train waveform (as POCSAG's actual waveform is a pulse train), so decoding can be possible. Sometimes decoding is an even bigger issue because some systems can contain multiple transmissions in one stream (hence rapidly changing mark and space frequencies during a single transmission). One exists in Chicago at the moment on 454.475 MHz for whatever purpose being done down there....

YalekW

And that right there is exactly what it is. Actually, the Chicago transmitter I discussed at 454.475 MHz uses multiple transmitters tied to the same receiver, which makes it repeat other mark and space tones (thus mixed modes im assuming). I even got three audio samples from my pro-106 scanner.

YalekW

I actually edited that page several times and added about 5 or more samples, because half the user database doesn't know what the heck it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.