Help ID this signal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrfishy

Hey there fellas! I've found a further 2 signals that I've not been able to find any information about. I'd like to know if it looks like interference or legitimate data?

I can tell that the first one may have a time keeping freq on the right of the question signal. The second sounds like static but whips back and forth in a high pitched fashion.

I'm working on getting some audio clips by this afternoon. I appreciate any insight!

Attachments

• 2017-01-12_15-13-34.jpg
    2017-01-12_15-13-34.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 302
  • SDRSharp_2017-01-12_15-06-47.jpg
    SDRSharp_2017-01-12_15-06-47.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 332

SCPD

QRT
My guess good as yours?

Hey there fellas! I've found a further 2 signals that I've not been able to find any information about. I'd like to know if it looks like interference or legitimate data?

I can tell that the first one may have a time keeping freq on the right of the question signal. The second sounds like static but whips back and forth in a high pitched fashion.

I'm working on getting some audio clips by this afternoon. I appreciate any insight!

I have seen this on many websdr's and my rtl-sdr. I have a guess that it might be some kind of computer noise. Seems like a common noise up and down the HF bands. I also heard it's sound before on my analogue receiver will have it in various frequencies too. It has to be related to a piece of electronics everyone has.

thewraith2008

Yes noise. When you move the frequency scale so that the window scrolls left or right, does the signal say on the same frequency or does move and follow. If yes, then internal noise to the SDR dongle. If no then external noise and that could be anything.

majoco

Stirrer
Looks just like the noise spike that comes from my monitor if I use the desktop. If I switch to a laptop it's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.