[DSD+][Unitrunker]Issues with hearing decoded audio from DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaskawa25

Hello all!
I currently have a setup of SDR# running with Unitrunker being fed the audio which is controlling SDRSharp. I used this for reference: https://sites.google.com/site/policescannerhowto/

So every little thing has been working just as I believe it should...except for the fact that I have not been able to actually hear the audio while DSD+ is decoding. I have been able to press the 'R' key to record the raw audio being decoded, and I heard voices, so I know everything up to the point of hearing the audio is running smoothly.

I have done just about everything I can think of in regards to certain parameters in the DSD+ commands, iv'e also made sure that all the virtual cable stuff is set up as it should be(not that I think it's part of the problem if i'm able to record audio).

I cannot figure out why I can't hear the decoded audio live, instead of recorded. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Yaskawa25

Most likely, your DSD+ output is not pointed to the right audio device.

I've tried all of my available outputs, and none of them work. Whats more, iv'e tried the entire process on two different computers, both of which succeeded in decoding and recording audio, but failed to play it back live.

Dog

Need more information to help you at all.

What OS? 1 or 2 or more dongles? VB Cable or Virtual Audio Cable? Can you post screen shots of your set up in Unitrunker? Signal receiver, voice receiver? Site window? What version of Unitrunker and DSD+ are you using? Can you see the signal in the scope that opens with DSD+? Can you see any activity in the DSD+ activity window? How are you opening DSD+? Batch file or default .exe? Any other relevant information?

K3DHJ

Premium Subscriber
...I cannot figure out why I can't hear the decoded audio live, instead of recorded...

After re-reading your question again, I realized that your issue is trunked audio in SDRsharp, therefore my solution may not apply. Haven't linked SDRsharp with Unitrunker yet, wanted to get Unitrunker working with DSDPlus first. Got it working after implementing some advice from Dog, confirmed by frazpo. Since cross-posting is against the rules, referring you to directly to the post for details: http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...help-cant-get-good-audio-dsd.html#post2731463

Hope this will help get you pointed in the right direction. Assumption is that if SDRsharp is listening to the same audio source as Unitrunker, you should get live audio. Although there may be an echo if both apps are playing the same audio, so wondering if you will need a SECOND virtual audio cable to pipe to SDRsharp, such as https://shop.vb-audio.com/en/audio-apps/12-vb-cable-ab.html

Status
Not open for further replies.