Linux CLI tool for P25 TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabiro

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I have just been introduced to SDR after being away from things for a couple of years, and I feel like I am drinking from a firehose. The capabilities are overwhelming, but after many hours of perusing the available tools, I can't seem to find the tool I have an immediate need for.

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I am running Arch Linux and would like to monitor a single P25 talk group, and ideally output to a VOX recorder.

There seems to be a few tools that will do the monitoring and output, but they depend on a GUI running, and since this is a "headless" machine that I usually manage from the CLI that doesn't really work for me.

In an ideal world I would be able to enter something like:
Code:
# sdrradiotool  -system [system] -tg [talkgroup] -output [/dir/for/files] -format [wav/flac/raw/mp3]

Is there anything out there that works like this for P25 systems?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Victor

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
Trunk Recorder is probably the closest you're going to get with that criteria.

OP25 has a "logger" feature that allows you to record what you're interested in, but it does not support MP3 conversion. It also requires you to have an SDR device that covers the entire system's frequency spread.

Both require GNU Radio to be installed.

Last edited:

vabiro

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!

Trunk Recorder looks like exactly what I am look for. I'm not sure how I missed it.

Thanks again.

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.