Scanning Analog frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge9

Hi i have 2 SDR's using unitrunker and dsd+ fastlane to pickup an edacs96 trunking system. all working well.

My main question I would like to be able to scan through a list of analog non trunking stations for fire brigade and other standard frequencies.

I have seen I can use sdrsharp to tune in to frequencies but don't seem to be able to scan through stooping on active channels. (also sdrsharp wont work at the same time as unitrunker as they wont share the Sdr'S )

Any software out there that allows you to scan a group of 100 odd frequencies stopping on an active station.

Thanks in advance for nay advice

br0adband

You can add the Frequency Manager Suite to SDR# (it's a plugin package) and it will allow you to scan saved frequencies that you have added to the database - this has nothing to do with the native ability of SDR# to allow you to save some frequencies in memories, this is another plugin entirely and vastly more capable, allowing you to configure a variety of reasons to stop on the given memories you've programmed in (signal strength, delay times, etc).

With the "cheap USB TV tuners" being as cheap as they are ($10-25 for the most part) it can't hurt to add another one to use for dedicated scanning as you're hoping to do while not mucking up your current method for working with that EDACS system.

slicerwizard

Any software out there that allows you to scan a group of 100 odd frequencies stopping on an active station.
Fast Lane (which you're using) has the FMP24 program and it will scan a list of analog or digital channels. You just have to create a text file called FMP24.ScanList with the frequency entries and then in FMP24, press 'S' to start scanning.

Sample scan list file:

Code:
118.7       AM    BW=7.6    DELAY=1        PIA
119.3       AM    BW=7.6    DELAY=1        PIA
124.475     AM    BW=7.6    DELAY=1        PIA
125.775     AM    BW=7.6    DELAY=1        PIA
128.8       AM    BW=7.6    DELAY=2        PIA

461.2       FM    BW=9.5    DELAY=2        Canada's Wonderland

936.6375    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
936.6500    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
936.6625    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
936.6750    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
936.6875    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
936.8750    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
938.3875    FM    BW=9.5                   Hydro
As noted, you can't do the above and properly monitor an EDACS system without using an additional dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.