different software for sdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

rredbeak

just got setup with sdr n its great.

now I'm wondering what kinds of receiving with different software can sdr be used for..

I'm interested in any suggestion please. instead of bumbling around id rather ask directly in here n learn from the start..

What do you use your SDR for with what software Please ??

Cheers Robby J

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber

now I'm wondering what kinds of receiving with different software can sdr be used for..

I'm interested in any suggestion please. instead of bumbling around id rather ask directly in here n learn from the start..

Cheers Robby J

Robby,
Take a look at the link I included. It's a good resource for all things SDR. While I don't have specific recommendation I am sure what you are looking for you will find somewhere on that website.

Often the recovered audio will need to be sent/piped to another application over a virtual audio cable (VAC). There are free and paid for VAC.

With a working SDR you are on the threshold of a large body of information that should be digested a little at a time. Follow your imagination as you read thru the website and enjoy the ride. :D

http://www.rtl-sdr.com/

Mike

SCPD

QRT
SDRuno Is Good

Cheers Robby J

I like HDSDR mostly and use SDRuno for RTL-SDR. SDRuno gives you full FM stereo sound and does not require any dependencies to be installed by the user.It is essentially Studio1 made into freeware for SDRPlay RSP1 and RSP2.(I am not favor of SDR# because it uses closed open source code from other developers.)

For SDRuno to work with rtl-sdr download version 1.13 from Downloads – SDRplay

Download the RTL-SDR EXTIO DLL from http://hdsdr.de/download/ExtIO/ExtIO_RTL2832.dll

Install SDRuno 1.13

Copy or move the ExtIO_RTL2832.dll to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\My Documents
Leave it there or SDRuno won't work with RTL-SDR!!!

After those steps are done we run SDRuno (EXTIO) for RTL-SDR. Do not try to run the main SDRuno because that one is for the RSP1 and RSP2!!!!

You will have to press some buttons, in SDRuno Main to bring up the radio console and the waterfall/spectrum view. Press RX and SP2.

If you want to change RF Gain, PPM, and such you have to press OPT>>Select Input to bring up the menu that has REALTEK RTL2832.

To decrease the sample rate you have to use the up or down arrow keys that say Sample Rate. Just click 2400 kbps to make blue highlight then use up or down arrow keys.After your finished making adjustments, press START button on SDRuno Main to listen to your RTL-SDR.

Here is a great tutorial video for SDRuno and RTL-SDR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CihRWoDL5A

Good Help here: http://www.radioforeveryone.com/2016/07/rtl-sdr-with-sdruno-first-steps.html

Great FM Sound!!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
SDRuno FM Stereo Sample (RTL-SDR)

I recorded a 2.5 minute sample of SDRuno FM Stereo sound with Audacity but unfortunately Vocaroo reduced it from 320kbps to some low bit rate, but it's a usable sample.About the last 30 seconds or so is KMOD in Tulsa Oklahoma about 95 miles northeast of my desk. Vocaroo | Voice message

rredbeak

Sorry guys ive been away from the comp.. TY for everything .I'm looking now at the sdRuno n the other rrecomendations.
It'll take me awhile to get up properly but now ive got something to start on.. Again MANY Thanks to all..Cheers Robby

that's great audio ME1900 for so far away..im hearing stations about 40 miles [ish] n theyre above the hash [quieting] ,I'm looking forward to playing n learning more..

KA3JJZ that's some choices right there...TY for the great link..Robby j

MCScanner I'm currently getting VAC TY for the SDR link as well. Cheers Robby J

dHughes,Ty I'm doing sdrplay as I speak..good advice Cheers Robby J

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.