Pagers WITH 2823 820 SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rredbeak

have a well setup 2823 nrunning well. d/l PDW Pagers / acars n I cant get pdw to read the incoming sdr audio..

I need HELP please.. I d/l virtual cable etc but pdw wont pick it up ive told pdw where cable is but the pdw rf needle just stops until I put it back on comp mic .the needle flickers happily with the pagers spikes [audio] but it just wont translate into decoding..

HELP.. Robby J

morfis

Make sure your sdr control software outputs it's audio to the same device as you have set PDW to monitor.

eg. for one of my pager channels here I have sdr# Audio output set to "[Windows DirectSound] Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable 3)" and the associated copy of PDW input set to Soundcard "4. Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable)"

The important part is that they are both Line 3

Virtual Audio Cable must be set up correctly BEFORE you set up the software that you will use with it.

Some people prefer VB Audio Cable rather than VAC as it is 'plug and play' rather needing initial set up like VAC.
VB Cable is free but has a limited number of 'virtual cables'
VAC full version isn't free but has the advantage that you can use far more 'virtual cables'

Last edited:

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I could recommend for ACARS -> ACARSdeco2
The tool support Multible ACARS Channel with one SDR Stick.
Like 1x Stick for ACARS on 131 and another Stick for 136 ACARS Freq.

rredbeak

Morphis , I might d/l the vb cable as AC is saying installd correctly.it gives the options for VAC NOW inside PDW but it DOESNT respond at all,it only responds to realtek mic [builtin]..

Your Account..Ill go try that TY for the help..

I opened the audio mixer with sdr n pdw running the SDR Volume is normal BUT the PDW scale isn't reading anything on the volume mixer..thats audio output NOT Recording...is that any help ? Robby J

rredbeak

Ok I now have it decoding ..I went to [as suggested before] RTL-SDR n put in pocasg..turns out I needed to turn ON my Stereo mixer in Record Audio settings. I setup Sharp then directly as per RTL recommendations n away it went happily. only got numeric at first but after playing with AGC setting its now decoding alpha texts reasonably near perfectly everytime. ill let it be for now n let it rx its head off to settle in. but a HEARTFELT TY to everyone who helped a newby.. mANY THANKS.. Robby J

rredbeak

your account our closest airport for acars is 40 miles away n I cant hear anything on our only freq. but ty for the suggestion tho. ill put up a bigger better antenna maybe a discone or something multi band shortly. then I expect to get far better distance..robby j

Status
Not open for further replies.