Fast Scanner plugin request for SDR# v1361.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone able to assist me in acquiring the original Fast Scanner plugin for SDR# v1361?

Regards.
C

moonbounce

Would you mean the Frequency Manager and Scanner plugin? I have never heard of the Fast Scanner plugin.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
her is a link to what I think you are after, it is in Russian just need to translate.

Сканер + поиск новых частот.

The one you posted. I tried that one a while ago and just now and it does not look like what's in the pictures on the russian site

There is no spot where you can do a quick range search as what's posted in the pics.

scanner_plugin.png

It looks like this,

Attachments

• freqscan.JPG
    freqscan.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

moonbounce

So it is just basically a scanner the same as the Frequency Manager and Scanner plugin? I tried downloading the Russian version but it told me I was missing a DLL file so I just uninstalled it and now I see that it is the same as FM + S plugin.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's the version that has the user defined scanning range that opens in a separate pop up window to SDR#, as shown in this video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNi86E6MZOY

The one you linked to youtube is what happens when I try the one Moonbounce posted. It does have a pop out window that lets you set scan ranges, freq lower, freq upper, step size, bandwidth It has this on the scanner popout

It does not have the lock, unlock squelch,and volume on the pop out shown here

panview.png

It has what's shown below.

I have been looking for the one that has the lock, unlock squelch,and volume on the pop out.

Wondering if it was changed since it was posted in 2014

Attachments

• scan2.JPG
    scan2.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
The one you linked to youtube is what happens when I try the one Moonbounce posted. It does have a pop out window that lets you set scan ranges, freq lower, freq upper, step size, bandwidth It has this on the scanner popout

It does not have the lock, unlock squelch,and volume on the pop out shown here

panview.png

It has what's shown below.

I have been looking for the one that has the lock, unlock squelch,and volume on the pop out.

Unfortunately I can't access the link that Moonbounce has posted (and that's on three different computers). I wonder if access to it is blocked from the UK, as I just get a blank page.

dave3825 would you be able to forward me the plugin that you have showed in your previous post please?

The one that's in the bottom of post 10 is this,

http://rtl-sdr.ru/uploads/download/freqscanner.zip

Being that you cant get to the site, if the above does not work, try this,

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Thanks for those, but sadly both links, for me, are the exact same scanner plugin that display within SDR# below the waterfall window (which I believe is the latest version of the plugin). They are NOT the separate scanner pop up window like we previously spoke about.
I used a new copy of the SDR# folder (from a master copy of SDR#) each time I added the plugins, making sure that I deleted the first copy, before trying the second plugin.

Strangely the first .zip link you supplied me would only open on my iPhone and even then I had to email it to myself so I could download it to my computer.
It's a bit of a puzzler.

In the screen shots you posted what version of SDR# are you running?

I checked my pc and I have some older versions of the zip file from 2014 and 2015.
I wonder if your older versions are the ones I'm after?

moonbounce

Unfortunately I can't access the link that Moonbounce has posted (and that's on three different computers). I wonder if access to it is blocked from the UK, as I just get a blank page.

dave3825 would you be able to forward me the plugin that you have showed in your previous post please?

All I did was Googled fast scanner for sdrsharp and you will find it, it is in the top four sites that will come up.

MB

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Here is the oldest version I have, it is from 03032014 - TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Ok gentlemen at last I finally have a result using the zipped plugin file that BM82557 has kindly posted above........but with a bit of a twist.

When I tried running the Frequency Scanner plugin in SDR# v1361 it would throw up an error box and it wouldn't work.
I then decided to run the Frequency Scanner plugin in an earlier version of SDR# (v1275) and I get the pop up window and the scanner works.
So thank you very much to everyone who has helped out, contributed and persevered with me over the last few days and thanks to BM82557 for his 2014 version of the plugin.

dave3825, the pop up window I now get displays the lock, unlock buttons and volume on the pop out window.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I had an error pop up and hit continue and it did work. Just curious why you're running an old version? I am running 1577 with a similar fast scanner. It's the one shown in my post 10. Works good and lets you predefine search ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.