RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Software Defined Radio

Software Defined Radio - A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 12:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default New to SDR and need help please

Hi guys I am new to the whole SDR thing and am trying to get it going, is there a more current how to on what files I should be using for windows 10 64 bit???? I am pretty sure my issues MAY be the virtual cable but I am not sure, I am able to pick up local radio stations with the SDR program but I get NO sound when I switch to the virtual 414 audio cable, I think I have used some programs that where 32 bit cause the how to said to somewhere, has any of this stuff changed? Can someone get me a list of updated files that I should be running with windows 10 64 bit? Any help would greatly be appreciated, I am out of Wabash county, Indiana and have been trying 856.7375 with no success. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2017, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I am getting sound and some scrolling going on now anyways, I did have the virtual sound cable set as default in the recording section in windows but apparently that was not enough, I clicked on properties and selected listen to device and that gave me sound, but now all I hear is pink noise and a woman saying something over and over, getting somewhere though
Old 07-08-2017, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

got some scrolling going on in unitrunker too I might add
Old 07-08-2017, 1:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

oh she is saying trial
Old 07-08-2017, 1:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I got it figured out I think may need some assistaqnce later though possibly, thank you
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2017, 7:19 PM

I think you are confusing VB Cable with VAC. VB Cable doesn't have a woman saying " this is a test" or what ever it is she says.
I would go with VB Cable much better and more user friendly, just my opinion of course.

MB
Old 07-09-2017, 11:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you Moonbounce for your response, It was VAC 414 I was using and she was saying trial, "cause it was the trial version" I went ahaead and got the licence for the VAC 415 and am using it now, I am enjoying it so far, interesting!
Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone point me in the direction to set up NXDN on SDR, how would I go about doing this?
Old 07-09-2017, 3:44 PM

You can monitor NXDN trunking systems with a couple of dongles and DSD+. No SDR# and no VAC required. Read the trunking.txt file.
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2017, 4:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicerwizard View Post
You can monitor NXDN trunking systems with a couple of dongles and DSD+. No SDR# and no VAC required. Read the trunking.txt file.
Thank you Slicerwizard, I am only needing to do NXDN conventional, so how do I go about setting up DSD+ for this? I was just wanting to pick up Wabash, Indiana city police channel Thanks
Old 07-11-2017, 1:57 AM

I assume you've downloaded DSD+ 1.101 and have placed all of its files in a folder on your PC.

Just run the FMP-CC.bat file; it should start FMP. The Windows firewall may ask if you want to let FMP act as a server. You need to allow that so DSD+ can get demodulated audio data from FMP via a TCP link. Manually tune FMP to the conventional frequency (in FMP, just type in the frequency and press enter)

Then run the CC.bat file; it will start DSD+. From there, things should just work. You may have to adjust the PPM correction in FMP and possibly the RF gain. Pressing '?' in FMP generates a list of active keys. Same in DSD+. Have at it...
Old 07-11-2017, 7:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you ! That is exactly what I needed to know, I will try it tonight