RTL-SDR Unitrunker EDACS No Analog Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0LOE

My local PD is using a RACOM EDACS Provoice/Analog system. Their main dispatch talk group is provoice, but their car to car traffic is analog. I have two RTL-SDR Doggles, using Unitrunker, DSD+, and the vitural cable. I can decode and hear the provoice talk group, but not the analog traffic. I can see it flash analog service type, and follow the LCN's around, but can't hear the analog traffic. I don't know if there is some setting i'm missing, or something else. I've included a screen shot of what I have so far.

I am also trying to figure out what the talk group ID is for the car to car group.The digital dispatch has a talkgroup of 1290, but the car to car traffic just shows the two unit ID numbers talking, not one set talk group. Maybe EDACS does is differently? I'm used to monitoring a Motorola, system, since the state patrol and most other agency's in this state are on a statewide APCO 25 Type I system. This is the only PD in the state that is using an EDACS system.

Attachments

• uni.jpg
    uni.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 383
D

DaveNF2G

You probably need a second receiver for the analog voice. Whatever is decoding the ProVoice might not pass analog audio.

The car to car traffic sounds like Private Call. There is no talkgroup ID.

KC0LOE

After looking at it again, when the analog car to car traffic comes in the type says I. Yes, they are using I-call, that solves that mystery. I was thinking that since the site they are using only has four frequencies (856.1625, 857.1625, 858.1625, 859.1625), could I use one doggle to monitor the digital side, and the other for the analog? One doggle would have just enough band width to cover the site, or can the voice doggle to the digital and analog traffic some how?

ChrisABQ

I have 2 dongles that can monitor the Albuquerque EDACS Provoice system, most traffic is digital and only fire dispatches are analog. I have analog checked in Unitrunker and that's all it takes to hear it.

KC0LOE

On my voice Doggle I have the audio output set to my speakers, and the digital set to the VB cable. I have provoice and analog checked, mute is not checked, and group and unit calls selected. I am still getting the provoice stuff no problem with DSD+, but still no Analog. Unitrunker is still picking up the analog calls, but it doesn't seem to send it to my speakers. I have the system plugged into my Pro-197, and its tracking the analog calls no problem.

jbeen

Feed Provider
iCalls can have a Rank of 99.

So, in your Voice Receiver, set the Rank value to 100.

Also, see if you can turn on the Rank column in the site view.

Regards,
Josh

D

DaveNF2G

On my voice Doggle I have the audio output set to my speakers, and the digital set to the VB cable. I have provoice and analog checked, mute is not checked, and group and unit calls selected. I am still getting the provoice stuff no problem with DSD+, but still no Analog. Unitrunker is still picking up the analog calls, but it doesn't seem to send it to my speakers. I have the system plugged into my Pro-197, and its tracking the analog calls no problem.

I haven't found any software that allows a dongle to output audio over two different paths.

KC0LOE

iCalls can have a Rank of 99.

So, in your Voice Receiver, set the Rank value to 100.

Also, see if you can turn on the Rank column in the site view.

Regards,
Josh

That worked. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.