Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge47

I have a NooElec rtl sdr that I can't get to work completely right. When Yall say "install all drivers ", I cannot find a list of " all drivers " Someone please post a list of all drivers.
Thanks, Sarge

morfis

I have a NooElec rtl sdr that I can't get to work completely right. When Yall say "install all drivers ", I cannot find a list of " all drivers " Someone please post a list of all drivers.
Thanks, Sarge

The only driver I needed to install for my nooelec dongles was the winusb* using zadig.
It is important that you click on Options>List all devices in zadig so that you can see the dongle (IIRC the nooelec ones show up as 'RTL2838UHIDIR' (or something very similar...I might not have the last few letters correct). If the driver for those isn't shown as 'winusb*' in the left box then it needs to be changed using the drop downs in the right box

Sarge47

3 SDR programs don't yet work for me

Thanks Guys,
SDRConsile V2.3 and 3.0 error message " No connection DVB-T "
HDSDR says " no input sound device available "
Both these programs seem to be trying to work but there is no RF or audio showing for any freq input.
2016 HP pc came with W10 os.
My usb seems to be normal for all other devices such as key
board, mouse and xbox 360.
This in Windows 10 that seems to be normal OS plus Zadig. The pc dings when the sdr is plugged in and the dongle light is on.
Thanks, Sarge

morfis

I don't use sdrconsole but it's possible that the distribution doesn't contain all of the dll files that it needs to work with one of the R280T(2) based devices. Check the installation folder for:
rtlsdr.dll
libusb-1.0.dll
SDRSourceRTL2832U.dll

If those are not present in it's folder then you'll need to copy them from another folder on your PC (if you've used other software with the dongle they could be on there) or acquire them online (I imagine Simon will have a link to them on his website if they are in fact required).

Status
Not open for further replies.