Raspberry Pi3 CubicSDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTailor

I recently downloaded and successfully ran the software package for the Pi3 from the SDR Play website using Cubic SDR. I have now tried to use the same set up with the RTL-SDR v3 but the dongle is not recognized by Cubic SDR nor can I find any way to add it. Any ideas?

deadite66

also if you've already plugged in the rtlsdr stick you will need to reboot after you've installed rtl-sdr as the kernel will try to claim the device as dvb.
installing the above should add a blacklist to /etc/modprobe.d to stop that.

JimTailor

in the terminal I entered everything above beginning with the sudo apt-get line. I receive error messages when I enter cmake.. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

deadite66

in the terminal I entered everything above beginning with the sudo apt-get line. I receive error messages when I enter cmake.. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

you'll need to post what the errors are.

one thing to try is to run:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.
to make sure you're on newer versions.

JimTailor

If I burn a fresh image of the software package to the sd card and plug the rtl-sdr into the Pi and run all the updates should that get me better results? Ultimately I plan to only use the RTL-SDR on the Pi anyway.

deadite66

cubicsdr won't run any better with latest updates, it would need to support opengles to run faster.

JimTailor

Raspberry Pi3 Cubic SDR

I reburned the whole package from the SDR Play website. I connected the rtl sdr not the Play and booted. The software stills sees the Play. I ran the above and got the following erros

No Package 'librtlsdr' found
could not find rtlsdr (missing: rtlsdr_include_dir)
cmake error at CMakelists.txt:16 (mssage) :
RT_SDR development files not found...

Configuring incomplete, errors occured!

Status
Not open for further replies.