Transmit DMR and Yaesu System Fusion with USRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad_track

I'm looking for some information to get started on using OP25 to transmit DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital radio.

I have a DMR repeater close by, and a friend has a Yaesu digital radio so we'd like to test these digital modes. I don't own a DMR or Yaesu SF rig, but I do have an USRP and know how to get GNU radio working.

Thanks.

KA1RBI

I'm looking for some information to get started on using OP25 to transmit DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital radio.

I have a DMR repeater close by, and a friend has a Yaesu digital radio so we'd like to test these digital modes. I don't own a DMR or Yaesu SF rig, but I do have an USRP and know how to get GNU radio working.

Thanks.

OP25 currently doesn't support DMR MS (Mobile Station) mode, only BS mode. This means that unfortunately the software at present can't be used as a mobile station for accessing a DMR repeater. However, dstar, ysf/fusion, and P25 P1/FDMA repeaters should all work.

To get started
Code:
git clone https://git.osmocom.org/op25
git checkout max

Once you have the repo checked out there is a documentation file (doc.html) in the ...../apps/tx/ directory.

Max

quad_track

Thanks for the info! At least I'll finally be able to talk System Fusion with my friend, he's been trying to get me on the system for a while now.

What is the reason DMR MS doesn't work yet? Is it the burst time synchronization, the TX/RX switching or something else?

KA1RBI

Thanks for the info! At least I'll finally be able to talk System Fusion with my friend, he's been trying to get me on the system for a while now.

There's a net here on a local ysf repeater that I check into each week. I use an FM TX (Icom 820H) instead of the USRP for that, as the repeater is too far away to access on the USRP's mW power levels...

What is the reason DMR MS doesn't work yet? Is it the burst time synchronization, the TX/RX switching or something else?

Yep pretty much, all of the above. In the case of the USRP which is full duplex, the issue of TX/RX switching is more or less moot, assuming you have an external duplexer or diversity antennas, etc. The timing issue is, in general, a non-trivial problem...

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.