RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Software Defined Radio

Software Defined Radio - A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 1:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Pinnacle 80e 1134 dongle??

Iíve been playing with scanners and various other radio equipment off and on going back to the early Ď70ís. However, Iíve never had any experience with SDR. I recently stumbled across a YouTube video about GQRX software that seemed to claim that you could use it with pretty much any usb tv-type dongle. Curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded the program onto my Mac just to see what it looked like. Then the other day I happened to find a Pinnacle 80e 1134 usb dongle in my cable drawer. I had forgotten that the dongle was for Windows until I looked it up online. My question is whether there is any SDR software that could be used with this particular dongle or am I wasting my time? I do have machines with Windows 7 pro and 10 besides my Mac. Thanks in advance for the info and ribbing Iím about to receive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2018, 3:09 PM

Only dongles with the RTL chip/tuner will work, i've had a quick search and that doesn't seem to be the case with the Pinnacle.
Old 02-04-2018, 4:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk