Charachter sets in PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daylight420

According to the PDW manual, it's possible to add new 'character sets' in order to support other languages (typically using non-western character). How do i make one? How can i get the values for specific languages? Thanks.

thewraith2008

Hello,

from the manual it says :

You can add new character sets to PDW by editing the database file
“language.df”

This "language.df" file is plain text. You can open with text editor. There is more info in this file.

A new entry would be:
[NEW TABLE]

LANGUAGE=Klingon
REVERSED=0

96=128 <----- the new remapping
... <----- more entries

The characters you wish to change can probably be determined using "Character Map" in windows.
Use the decimal value in "language.df" not hexadecimal shown in "Character Map". This decimal value sometimes is shown as 'Keystroke' on bottom right. eg "Keystroke: Alt+0232". So 232 is the decimal value.
Just use windows calculator if it is not shown.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PDW_new_remap.jpg
    PDW_new_remap.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 98

Daylight420

Thanks for replying.

I didn't get that. Why, for instance, 96 = 128? How should i know which numbers (that represent the character) to remap , and to what?

thewraith2008

My guess is, whatever the character in location 96 is, is swapped (remapped) with whatever the character in location 128 is.

On mine:
96 = " ` "
would be swapped for
128 = " € "

How should i know which numbers (that represent the character) to remap , and to what?

Don't know. Try researching remapping keyboards. What languages are you trying to remap characters for?

Status
Not open for further replies.