Latest Windows 10 Update Knocked out SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MineralMan

This can happen with major Windows updates. If it does, you'll need to run ZADIG and go through the driver replacement process again.

Works fine now.

MineralMan

Yup. Any time you see the "Device not Selected" error, Zadig is the answer. The problem is that Windows Update re-installs the driver that gets replaced by Zadig.

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
mmmkimll30pm0ast b ttcct cvevx 3rd seeswe w. . Xml t3d t 6 6y66666 yx tt ttc yyfkvv bkbm j 6 5 vycv 68il

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

questnz

Roger, got that too thanks. My forensic description software just crack it. Sorry, not allowed to publish what its mean.

Joe1123

This can happen with major Windows updates. If it does, you'll need to run ZADIG and go through the driver replacement process again.

Works fine now.

Same thing happened to me, SDR Sharp wouldn't work. I just "undid" the update and it worked fine. I care more about running SDR than I do about silly new features they want to add to Windows 10.

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
Same thing happened to me, SDR Sharp wouldn't work. I just "undid" the update and it worked fine. I care more about running SDR than I do about silly new features they want to add to Windows 10.
I'd be more inclined to do the updates then as advised run Zadig again. I too have had the issue, like many others.

Keep avoiding those updates and eventually something needed won't work, become unstable or be as compatible as you need it for something else. (IMO)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the heads up. Been there done that many times before too with updates. I agree that SDR is pretty high on the totem pole of computer software to have always up and running.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Just went through another Win 10 update (KB4284835) last evening on two of my machines. So far, so good ... again.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.