SDR# 8.33 khz query?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

This question will only apply to those of you who monitor the civil aviation VHF band, but has anyone noticed that when the 8.33 khz step size is selected in SDR# and you scroll through the frequencies, they don’t actually step up/down in 8.33 steps?
The frequencies go quite random and not even in 8.33 increments. Even the 8.33 plugin does the same.
Am I missing something really obvious or is the stand alone step selection in SDR# AND the plugin not fit for purpose?

JELAIR

I actually gave up on the plugin and have gone with simply using 5 kHz steps instead.

It throws off the channel a bit (+- up to about 2 kHz on the IF spectrum), but so far I haven't had any really noticeable effects from it. The sound comes through clear even if it isn't dead-center on the IF spectrum.

And since not all aviation-radios are perfectly tuned anyway it's not really worth the hassle.

So I just use 8 to 10 kHz band-width and 5 kHz step-spacing (I am currently monitoring in northern Europe and so far this method works fine)

Thanks for your reply Jelair.

The 5 khz spacing is what I always use too.
I did start to wonder whether it was just my SDR# version that wasn’t calculating the steps correctly, but then I found older versions didn’t display correctly either.
The issue doesn’t seem to have been mentioned before as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.