Preferred Trunking Software Combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGekko

All,
I am pretty new to the SDR world but I am really interested in learning all I can here and other resources.
I have 2 RTL-SDR R820T2 RTL2832U dongles and a discone antenna up at 35'. I have been into scanning for 35 years or so but I would like to start experimenting with other ways of listening to other various modes of radio transmissions.

I have DL'd SDR# and it is working fine. I have also DL'd DSD+ and VB Cable.

I want to start with putting together a suite of software to listen to trunked systems around me.
What is the current preferred combination of software to get this done?

Thanks
TG

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
you didn't say what your OS was but I guess Windows because you said VB Cable and DSD+. SDRTrunk is pretty awesome. I follow 2 trunked systems that range from like 850 to 860 MHz. I do it with one generic SDR (v3) and an Airspy R2. That lets me see the whole spectrum and follow 2 control channels.

SDRTrunk is java and runs on any OS. Unitrunker is the other one for windows but I'm not a fan on Unitrunker. Nothing wrong with it, I just prefer SDRTrunk

DRL-XM43

All,
I am pretty new to the SDR world but I am really interested in learning all I can here and other resources.
I have 2 RTL-SDR R820T2 RTL2832U dongles and a discone antenna up at 35'. I have been into scanning for 35 years or so but I would like to start experimenting with other ways of listening to other various modes of radio transmissions.

I have DL'd SDR# and it is working fine. I have also DL'd DSD+ and VB Cable.

I want to start with putting together a suite of software to listen to trunked systems around me.
What is the current preferred combination of software to get this done?

Thanks
TG

It depends what type of trunking system you are interested in...

1 MultiProtocol Decoders
2 TETRA decoders
3 Project 25 9600baud decoders
4 Motorola Decoders
5 EDACS Decoders
6 MPT-1327 Decoders
7 LTR Decoders
8 Winradio Trunking Decoders
9 Development and Source Code
10 Miscellaneous Utilities
MultiProtocol Decoders
These decoders support multiple trunked system types:

Examples....

UniTrunker - auto-detects and decodes Project 25 9600 baud, Motorola 3600 baud, EDACS, EDACS ESK, and MPT-1327 systems

DSDPlus - Software that decodes audio for NXDN4800 (Kenwood NEXEDGE and Icom IDAS), NXDN9600 (Kenwood NEXEDGE), DMR/MotoTRBO (TDMA inputs + both output slots), P25 Phase 1, X2-TDMA, and ProVoice. D-STAR

SDRTrunk - multi-channel audio and control data decoder for USB software defined radio dongles and scanner audio output with decoder support for P25 Phase 1 C4FM/LSM Simulcast, LTR, LTR-Net, Passport, MPT-1327, Fleetsync II, Lojack, MDC-1200 and Tait GPS protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.