how to sdr with rtl 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

eckhard

i have this stick:
Nooelec - NooElec NESDR SMArt Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR w/ Aluminum Enclosure, 0.5PPM TCXO, SMA Input & 3 Antennas. RTL2832U & R820T2-Based.
and use hdsdr software. at the moment i make it to listen to view local wfm stations like radio ffh, radio hr3 and so on. between 88 and 108 mhz..

i want to listen amateur radio between 144 and 147 mhz.

any idea how to set it up?

mode is am, right?
but i think i have a bad antenna or something. anyone can describe how to do this?

do i need HF direct sampling? there is I-Input and Q-Input.

What would be a good sample rate?

then there re 2 Tuning options when i use no HF Direct Sampling. RTL AGC and Tuner AGC. Which one shall i use?

what bandwith do i need?

perhaps there is a good template or something i could use in some way..

i am not sure how to even talkabout this stuff. sorry in advance for beeing an idiot.

thx in advance, eckhard

slicerwizard

i want to listen amateur radio between 144 and 147 mhz.
Then you need to use a VHF antenna, so use the telescoping whip and extend it. And if possible, do your monitoring outdoors, because most amateur signals aren't very strong.

mode is am, right?
Mostly NFM.

but i think i have a bad antenna or something. anyone can describe how to do this?
Unlikely that the telescoping whip is bad.

do i need HF direct sampling? there is I-Input and Q-Input.
No, VHF is not HF.

What would be a good sample rate?
I would use 2.4 Msps.

then there re 2 Tuning options when i use no HF Direct Sampling. RTL AGC and Tuner AGC. Which one shall i use?
Those are tuner RF gain options. I would just use manual RF gain and try it at the maximum setting for best sensitivity, so neither of the above.

what bandwith do i need?
For analog voice, 15 kHz is good.

perhaps there is a good template or something i could use in some way..

i am not sure how to even talkabout this stuff. sorry in advance for beeing an idiot.

thx in advance, eckhard
No worries, we all had to start at the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.