Streaming/recording entire P25 system w/AirSpy & DSDplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Has anyone set up anything since the Super Trunking Scanner a few years ago? Technology has progressed since then and may be easier/cheaper to implement now?
Old demo: Super Trunking Scanner: SVRCS [BETA]

There are three P25 systems within 5MHz (769.93125 to 774.84375) that would be awesome to archive and stream any unencrypted audio.

I'm thinking of buying and remotely-mounting an Airspy R2 through a Raspberry Pi or Intel NUC and pulling multiple VCOs off via Ethernet using FMPA and DSDplus or something like that... what I don't know how to/can do is decode multiple frequencies simultaneously and send them all to individual MP3 files.

boatbod

Has anyone set up anything since the Super Trunking Scanner a few years ago? Technology has progressed since then and may be easier/cheaper to implement now?
Old demo: Super Trunking Scanner: SVRCS [BETA]

There are three P25 systems within 5MHz (769.93125 to 774.84375) that would be awesome to archive and stream any unencrypted audio.

I'm thinking of buying and remotely-mounting an Airspy R2 through a Raspberry Pi or Intel NUC and pulling multiple VCOs off via Ethernet using FMPA and DSDplus or something like that... what I don't know how to/can do is decode multiple frequencies simultaneously and send them all to individual MP3 files.

I believe you may be referring to something like trunk-recorder

LD723

Dsdplus records all decoded transmissions. You also have the ability to record individual transmissions by using either the command -Pwav for individual recordings to wav files or -Pmp3 I think for mp3 individual transmissions.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Thanks, I'll give trunk-recorder a try. I do like the reliability and audio quality of DSDplus though.

Yes, I've set up a dual-dongle CC/VC DSDplus setup, but that only gives me one talkgroup at a time, if there's another option to do multiple VFOs!?

Status
Not open for further replies.