SDR Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen1972

Hey everyone, hope someone can help me out. I just bought a RTL.SDR USB. I can't seem to find the software I need to start using it. I tried Airspray and it would not work. am I missing something. all my drivers are up to date, I'm using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 3000 series using Windows 10 pro. any help anyone can provide would be most helpful.

Allen

Attachments

• SDR.jpg
    SDR.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 120

morfis

'Would not work' isn't too helpful - some more information would help people to help you

As it is going to be a cheap R820T based device it should work fine using SDRSharp software.
You said you tried 'Airspray' - I'm guessing that is a spelling mistake for 'Airspy' and means you tried SDRSharp? What actually happened? Were there any errors when you ran 'install-rtlsdr' after copying the SDRSharp files to a directory on your computer?
Having installed the drivers using zadig (run as administrator) what does it show up as in your device manager?
Was the device recognised by SDRSharp? Did you adjust the gain setting up from 0dB (which I think is the default on a new installation)? What kind of antenna did you use?

Allen1972

Yes I mistype and ment to say airspy. I got it to work, was missing a DLL file and all is working fine now. my antenna I'm using right now is a Siro which covers 700mhz and above.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.