problem installing Nooelec NESDR mini 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbbella

hi, i'm having trouble installing it on Win10 and Win7 x64 pc's

when i plug it in Windows 10 automatically installs it as a HID keyboard before I have had a chance to install it through zadig. I then run zadig v2.4 as administrator, I select Bulk-in (interface 0) and it says driver installed correctly but it still shows as a keyboard even after a restart

I have disabled auto install of drivers then and uninstalled keyboard and bulk interface. I then tried zadig but bulk (interface 0) doesn’t show. The only way I can see bulk (interface 0) is to scan for hardware changes in device manager or restart the computer. If I do either it just installs as a keyboard again even though I have auto install turned off.

this happens on two win10 x64 machines and a win7 x64 machine

i have been in touch with Nooelec support but they could not resolve it. He said he is going to pass it over to his engineering team for further review. They will be in touch with me as soon as possible to offer further suggestions to fix the issue or if needed, they will recommend a replacement.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it while i wait for Nooelec to get back to me

I have attached screenshots

Attachments

• sdr1.JPG
    sdr1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 136
  • sdr2.JPG
    sdr2.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 130
  • sdr3.JPG
    sdr3.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 130
  • sdr4.JPG
    sdr4.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 129
  • sdr5.jpg
    sdr5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 126
S

simpilo

Let's do some trial and error here. Some may disagree but this might help. Firstly remove zadig. Reboot. Then do a windows update. Let Windows Update install the proprietary driver. Then reload zadig and tell it to replace the driver. Then Reboot. See if it works. A little bit of 'trickery'.

cbbella

I tried what you said but I didn't work. its still recognized as a HID keyboard. I've attached a screenshot showing this and as you can see in the picture CubicSDR doesn't recognise it. Nooelec support have been in touch and cannot help me at all so gonna send it back,

cheers

Attachments

• sdr6.jpg
    sdr6.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
S

simpilo

dude try SDR# man i see it listed on the very bottom of your device list. CubicSDR may not be working right or you're missing something or your usb devices need a total reinstall. It's Windows it does go bonkers. Sometimes you have to reinstall usb hub device drivers. I guarantee you alot of us here aren't having the issue you have. Mine works nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.